pre-diabetes, fasting blood sugars.

• Thread starter catherinecherub
  • Start Date

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know a lot of people swear by the codefree and won't have a bad word said.

Truth be told, cheap yes, but junk....

I don't care what anyone says, it's poor, very poor. Don't know if it's strips or meter but I'm done with it.

Sticking with the tee2 which whilst it reads slightly higher than my accucheck, it is consistent. And FREE.

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the heads up about the Tee2, I've just ordered one from the website...free of charge and the test strips are reasonably priced too. Look forward to seeing how it compares to the Bayer and Codefree.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51 and Jamesuk9

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I would not be bothered as long as it keeps within range(3.9-5.6), as it goes up and down, and depending when you check it can be the lower part of the range or the upper part. I seen that with me, from 3.9 to even 5.1, then check again 1 hour later, and it's down to 4s again.

I only ever get within range the day after my fasting days.... Accucheck mobile said 5.5 this morning, Tee2 said 6.2 and codefree 6.8

The mind boggles.

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 today on Contour Next, 6.3 on Tee2.
I rarely get anything starting with a 5 in the morning, so i'll take it !

Reactions: Prem51

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you ever checked before your normal time(wake up a hour sooner?) and then check 1 hour later to see what is happening? For me testing I can get 4.8 or even lower depending where I am in the cycle. I've also noticed repeat testing makes my numbers go up very quickly.

I used to test on different devices, and left me wondering why accu-chek mobile was lower. I then tested on the accu-chek mobile last and got worryingly higher readings, so I only use one, and test once, job done. With me I get more stressed in the mornings with even my hand shaking when trying to check my fasting, so I don't bother when I feel stressed these days, as it jumps up quicker than I can test, and doesn't do anyone any good seeing false higher readings even if it's still in range, it leaves me with a headache.

Today fasting I got: 4.9mmol/l, did not test breakfast as I've tested that this twice this week, and is keeping in the 5s so no point as I eat the same thing, after lunch: 5.5mmol/l(55g carb meal) but that will be it for a week or more, as I can see anything is still fine, and too much testing stresses the hell out of me out these days and ends up giving me higher readings.

Maybe stress is a factor. I wake up stressed about it every morning, then spend all day stressed about it.

the numbers i quoted were all from the same blood, one after another within seconds.

I seem to have developed a pattern now. i wake up with highest reading of the day, it climbs a tiny bit for an hour and then lowers throughout the day to around 4.5-5.0 by 7pm.

Whilst I was eating normal high carbs, it would lower much quicker by lunch time or thereabouts but then climb all afternoon with another liver dump so I was back at morning fasting numbers by 7pm.

I went low carb and that over time changed it from 2 dumps a day to just the morning one.

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes they are very random.... 4.9 for me today. Completely out of the norm, I normally only get anywhere near this after a 24 hr fast.

My pulse was also a lot slower than normal today and BP raised.

Strange day.