• Start Date

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi James,
Looks like you're doing well!
How long are you fasting now to get this result?

Im not fasting now, trying to eat more as the weight loss is bothering me. Im at 10 and half stone BMI 20.5 with body fat 13% and dont want to lose any more.

I've upped my carb intake as an experiment but am now getting higher fasting numbers again. This morning was 6.1

It's a balancing act and finding the balance is not easy for me.

Reactions: Prem51

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is that 6.1 on your accu-chek? It may be best to stick to one so you can compare results over the weeks/months.

I would check before you sleep just to ensure you're not starting sleep on high readings. If your after meal readings are still in range with the higher carb, then I would not be too concerned as morning stress(as I call it and seeing the last month) gives much higher fasting readings.

I ate late last night around 8-9pm. 2 pork chops, 2 fried eggs, spoonful of peas, A dozen or so chips, a Lidl protein roll followed by 4 or 5 strawberries with greek yogurt and double cream and a glass of red wine and then a few squares of 85% dark chocolate.. I was at 7.4 1 hour, 6.8 2 hour, 6.5 3 hour and then went to bed.

This morning check was same on both accucheck and tee2. (0.1 difference).

I was at 4.8 before eating.

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a better nights sleep for once and felt less stressed now my cold is going, fingers crossed, I should be seeing lower numbers again. After breakfast was 5.0mmol/l today. Here's hoping I will not get another cold...

Don't know if this is the same for others too, but I've found that if you over use the same finger, it gives higher readings(from 0.7 to 1.3mmol/l higher with me) even the blood looks lighter due to mixing with fluid from the skin giving a false higher reading. We are constantly learning...

Interesting. I get wildy different readings often from the same pool of blood, makes no sense whatsoever so I just move on.

5.8 for me today.

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you know you've had a high carb meal, you can burn of the glucose via exercise very quickly. It works best after 1 hour as that's your peak. Get your heart pumping for 10-15 should do it easy. :)
Interestingly this tactic works for me sometimes but not always. Usually most effective in the morning, if I wake up reading high a quick spurt of exercise can bring it down. Problem is its the last thing I want to be doing at 7am and with a long commute to work looming. It seems to be less effective for me in the evening, if ive had a particularly carby meal then it will take a lot more than 10 mins exercise to bring it down, and time is always precious in the evening with a million other commitments etc.

Jamesuk9

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried the exercise thing tonight after a heavy meal.... I was at 4.8 before meal, I ate 2 pork loin steaks, cauli, broccoli, carrots, fried egg and Lidl protein roll followed by raspberries and double cream and a glass of cabernet suavignon. Just five mins on steep incline treadmill whilst the kettle was boiling at 1 hour post meal and then checked at 2 hours and got 5.6 that's low for me, I'm keen to see if it holds till morning now.