Pre proliferative retinopathy scare.

Sandymcat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
I'm brand new on here, and today I received a letter that has absolutely terrified me! I have to go back in 6 months for an appointment at a digital surveillance clinic. Typical that it arrives on a Saturday so I've got the whole weekend to fret and worry! Any thoughts? My diabetes control needs to be far better than it is!
I am really scared of the procedure involving laser or injection into my eye. Can I help stop this or is it too late?

Sandymcat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not helped by the man who did the screening on Monday and said it all looked fine and he'd be surprised if I got a call up less than 12 months. I'm aware, I have had a serious wake up call!

NinaB73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have struggled to write this reply as I felt I needed to as I was like you a while ago!! Any eye treatment is daunting, and you don't yet know what is required so I wouldn't freak out just yet until you know..An awful lot of long time diabetics need a little lasering at times and believe me it is not that bad! If it is preserving your sight and is pretty painless....

Good luck:) x

Reactions: Arsenal79