prediabetic and planning for second child

vid

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Iam 30years old and have a son who is three years old. I had gestational diabetes for my first delivery which was controlled with diet and walking...after delivery my BG came back to normal . after a year I stopped feeding my HbA1c was 5.8% and I followed diet and exercise to maintain it to the same untill last week when my hbA1c turned out to be 6.3% with 134mg average blood glucose ....p.s.was with bed rest last two months with nil exercise...now am afraid if another pregnancy will convert me to a full fledged diabetic?? My hubby strictly says no for a second child bec of the same reason . totally confused. Also I am a hypothyroid under control with minimal thyronorm. I juz want to know if I can at least return to prediabetic state or will I become full fledged and put on medications so early.would appreciate your help....

C

catherinecherub

I am afraid that I cannot answer your query but will bump your post up and see if someone can.

vid

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks a lot Catherine!! Will appreciate any....

Rillum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
You should probably eat low carb, high fat. That can prevent progression of the prediabetes. If that gives good results, maybe it would be safe?