1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Pregnant: New to GD - Breakfast!?!

Discussion in 'Gestational Diabetes' started by Agentk76, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Frankie83

Frankie83 · Newbie

I have similar work issues as I'm in the Police. However I cook an omelette the night before and take it to work in a container to eat when I arrive (sometimes re heat it, sometimes don't bother). You could always chuck it in the microwave and eat before leaving. Timewise it must be the same as preparing and eating a bowl of cereal?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Gemsydodger

Gemsydodger Gestational · Member

I couldn't eat any cereals in my first pregnancy. This is my second pregnancy and I'm on insulin. I have discovered weetabix oaty bars low sugar... I got 5 for 79p in b&ms ... they're what I keep in the car if I hypo .... they don't knock me so high that my sugars are over the target... worth a try :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gemsydodger

Gemsydodger Gestational · Member

Also, I don't know if it's available in the mainland, but I use irwins 7 seeded bread, one slice with an extreme amount of sun pat no added sugar peanut butter, that takes me to about 7.8, that was before insulin, so for someone who is tolerating better it might be an option :)

4. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Type 2 · Active Member

Breakfast I struggled with with my GD. I ended up having some kind of salad in the end. Even on insulin I couldn't eat porridge or any carbs.

5. hannahfrance

hannahfrance Gestational · Newbie

I love breakfast! I normally eat 2 Weetabix with semi skimmed milk and sometimes Porridge with a teaspoon of honey. My blood sugar levels measured 2 hours later are always under what they should be. Ranging from 3.8 at the lowest to 4.8 as an average. I have gestational type 2 Diabetes.

6. azure

azure Type 1 · Expert

Welcome @hannahfrance :)

Those are great levels :) Can I check - do you have Gestational Diabetes or are you saying you were Type 2 before you got pregnant?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook