Privatised NHS? Paying for insulin?

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I'm not going to argue this point because we can argue about the NHS until the cows come home and still disagree. What I will tell you is that where I live the hospitals have ALL been closed under a Labour government, and if they were serious about making sure the NHS was run properly they would have reversed the Tory policy on trusts and gone back to some form of health authority control.

Since PFI in this area yes they built a new hospital and closed 4, now some have to travel 12 miles to hospital, and some 15 miles depending on which treatment you need. Oh and the actual bed numbers now compared to before all these PFI changed are 26% less. Yes we have one new swanky hospital but its not big enough and they were told this before they built the flaming thing. My family have worked in local healthcare here since the mid 70's and we can all tell you that both Tory and labour have shat on us where health is concerned. However out of the two there is no way would I trust a Tory government with the NHS.

My experience is in Birmingham. Smethwick Neurosurgery which was shut under Thatcher. What became Heartlands where ward after ward were closed and the QE where the staff deserved a medal for the conditions they worked under (oncology). Labour invested heavily in improving what survived Thatcher. I am now in Coventry were University hospital is a labour legacy. I praise that hospital to the rooftops despite it being unfashionable to do so.

I know May is committed to selling off underused NHS assets and the "NHS landbank". I actually have no idea what the reality of that will be but I am sure whatever she decides post election it will "be the will of the people". The fact no one mentioned what their will was prior to voting is immaterial. Anyone that thinks hunting with dogs is acceptable has nowhere lower to go in my estimation.

Reactions: dbr10