Problem with SD Codefree Monitor

Pogel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I have been using the SD since mid October. Over the past couple of weeks each time I put in a testing strip the screen flashes up every led available, so the screen is a black and grey scramble, then it goes back to normal. I do my test then notice it has reverted to the previous days date, it has jumped back in time by two or three hours and my test comes up as a couple of points more.

I then reset the date and time and retest.

I have had to do this around seven times in the last fortnight. I'm pretty bored of all the resetting now.
I have put in the testing test strip and it comes up as working fine.

Anyone else had this problem?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Battery problems?

I recently had the time slip back a few hours. I changed the battery and all has been well since then.

Also occasionally on inserting a strip have had a blank black screen and nothing else. I haven't solved this one yet.

Pogel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will check out if it is a battery problem. I had best order a new battery now. Cheers.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
I had similar problems with mine a while ago, gave the metal thingies beneath the battery a bit of a tweek to make a better contact. Seemd to sort it out.

Pogel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Will be worth fiddling with the metal contacts to see if that helps till my new batteries arrive. Thanks.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will check out if it is a battery problem. I had best order a new battery now. Cheers.

Pogel, the battery is a very common one. In fact, the same battery is in my kitchen scales. Anywhere selling a rrange of batteries is likely to stock it.

In the first instance, I would take the battery out (you won't lose any data), wipe it with a tissue or something, just to make surre there's no contaminant on it, and replace it. That sometimes just helps an ailing battery go on for a short while more.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Other possibility is contamination of the contacts on the strip. Take care when handling not to touch the metal contacts