Problems with benefits? Sign here

Wowzer

With so many cuts and changes to benefits and services, and an increasingly heartless system behind it all, it’s a very stressful time for sick and disabled people. That's why I signed the WOW petition, which calls for an end to the Work capability Assessment (as called for by the British Medical Association in 2012) and a New deal for sick and disabled people. Russell Brand and Stephen Fry have signed it, but it needs to get to 100,000 by December 12th to get a debate in Parliament. We need to let the politicians know that we're not happy and we deserve better. Please go to www.wowpetition.com now and sign it. And get all your friends and family to sign it too, because one day they could be sick or disabled and the system may fail them. Thank you.

Reactions: 2 people

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Signed. Listened to some heart breaking stories on Radio 5 Live today regarding genuinely deserving people who have had their benefits stopped. One poor guy committed suicide as a result of Atos mis-handling his assessment. No one has apologised but the family have since found out that they changed their minds on his ability to work - after his death. He had severe mental health issues but they had not requested this information before the assessment took place. Commonplace apparently and 4 out of every ESA appeal assessment is upheld.

mike5360

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
fish and based products
Heard and seen similar reports in the media. Their are many organisations out their that can help, but it needs to be stressed that, when receiving or making a new claim, contact these organisation before filling the form in, so they can help you from the outset of your claim. This my first day on this forum and of using this app. So I dont know how to signpost to the right people/organisations. I can help, but dont know if that can useful?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Signed and shared. My dad has won on appeal and the DWP are still refusing to pay. Mum is in constant battle on both of their behalf’s and the MP cannot believe their case.

ordie71

Hi I've been receiving middle rate of dla for my son,he's had type 1 for 7yrs,they have now said I'm not entitled to it,I've had a review and still say I'm not entitled to it,is it worth appealing?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App