Problems with Login

abbyMcD

I wonder if any of the Mods or Admin can help?

I have had to reregister on the forum as I cannot log on with my registered user name any more. When I tried to log in it said I was using an incorrect user name or password and to contact the Administrator by Email. I have done this twice now and have received no reply to my query.

I find it very odd that no one has taken the time to answer my question. Surely on such a big forum there is somebody who deals with these queries and does not just leave members stranded with no clue to what is happening? As someone used to dealing with Human resources and employees I find this attitude rather odd even for a virtual environment such as this.

My user name was abby_don and I would appreciate a reply from someone in authority who knows what the problem is with my log on. My user name and password are correct so I can only presume there is some glitch in the system. I wonder has any other member had problems with log on as well?

Abby McD

ClaireG 06

Hi Abby,
I'm sorry but i have no idea why you can't log in using your old information. I will pass your query onto Admin and request they look at it ASAP for you.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Abby - it's a bit weird you can't log in. If you can PM me your username I'll take a look for you! I don't think it's a glitch in the system as it seems to be isolated to your account. Have you tried going here: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/ucp.php?mode=sendpassword and getting the password sent back to you? :thumbup:

As to your emails, I checked our email inbox and nothing regarding/from your username/account; sorry about that!

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Did you try the link in the first post, Abby?

abbyMcD

Yes . Got this message back ' The e-mail/username information submitted could not be found.'. Don't understand what is happening !

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
What's your email address? Please ping me your email address and I'll take a look.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
The only abbi_don listed has an upper case 'A' ...as in Abbi_don .. :thumbup:

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Hobs said:
The only abbi_don listed has an upper case 'A' ...as in Abbi_don .. :thumbup:

CORRECTION ... I typed that wrong and the actual listing is for Abbi_don and I've sent a PM so that the link will appear in the member's submitted e-mail inbox.
In the first post "abbi_don" was quoted with the lower case 'a'
All user names are case sensitive so hence the log-in problems.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Abby -

The reason you can't log in is because you were banned. A number of users reported that you were asking them to join another diabetes forum. We consider this spam and this is also against forum T&Cs.

Whilst we have no issue with you joining again, if you continue to PM users asking them to join other forums, you will be banned again!

abbyMcD

Aha, now I understand. Point taken
However may I suggest that you perhaps inform a member that they have been banned , you must have some way of doing this? It's a bit like sacking an employee but not actually telling them till they turn up for work again. Not very good practice in my line of work.
I shall read the rules and try not to transgress again.

eddie07

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have I also been banned as I can't login and my email address isn't recognised.
Eddie

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have I also been banned as I can't login and my email address isn't recognised.
Eddie

Eddie - For your issue to be investigated, please either PM me, or email [email protected] , including the user name you appear unable to access, plus the email address you used when signing up for that account.

Please do not post contact or account details on the forum, as this could compromise your personal security. Please do not reveal your passwords.

Many thanks.