Prof Tim Noakes

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've seen this. Excellent!!

I really rate Prof Tim, he's certainly suffered and is currently suffering from his professional body for his convictions:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

6/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 66, 11st 11lbs, waist 30".

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.
unfortunate turn of phrase that - suffering... for his convictions. I know what you mean, but it can have different connotations.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Thanks Indy, very interesting, I did not realise if we have too much protein it stops ketosis and fat burning and we run on glucose. regards Derek

Last edited:

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for all these posts, @Indy51 , haven't been about much to post, life got in the way, but still watching. Thought I'd add this to this thread, good news I think.

http://foodmed.net/2016/12/20/fighting-medical-diabetes-growth-industry/
If you want to be even more appalled by the machinations of what the author refers to as the "Industrial-Government-Academic complex", watch this video of Robert F Kennedy Jr (environmental lawyer and activist) discussing mercury:

The system of guidelines is not restricted just to nutrition - in the US (which most of our countries adopt by default) is totally and utterly corrupt. His discussion of the CDC (Center for Disease Control) is every bit as shocking as the stories we hear about the revolving door of big agriculture and pharma through government bodies like the FDA. Truly eye-opening.

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is truly shocking! I already believed that pharmaceutical companies were wicked, but I didn't realise the depth of their wickedness!

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is truly shocking! I already believed that pharmaceutical companies were wicked, but I didn't realise the depth of their wickedness!
After that, I'd say the "Industrial-Government-Academic complex" descriptor should be expanded to "Industrial-Government-Academic-Media complex" ;)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
not for me only six teeth left no fillings.:)

Problem is you end up getting mercury from manifold sources so have no way to know how much is in your system.

I no longer eat tuna very often. But do salmon lower in Mercury than tuna but still has some.

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Interesting post on the Foodmednet blog by Marika Sboros - seems now insurance companies are calling for reform of dietary guidelines:

http://foodmed.net/2016/12/23/swiss-re-dietary-guidelines-failed-human-experiment/

This is very interesting. It hadn't occurred to me before that a shorter lifespan caused by poor dietary advice would be of such interest to the insurance industry. So much room for litigation and suppression by the pharmaceutical and food lobbies. Perhaps things are changing.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is very interesting. It hadn't occurred to me before that a shorter lifespan caused by poor dietary advice would be of such interest to the insurance industry. So much room for litigation and suppression by the pharmaceutical and food lobbies. Perhaps things are changing.
Yes, I think Noakes made a smart move getting Old Mutual involved in his low carb conference - it's a way of attacking the monolith from within by stakeholders with their bottom line at risk ;)

melliemars

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm suspicious of Noakes. In a few tweets today he said Cholesterol doesn't affect women and hardly affects men. I don't know if I believe this as others have showed strong sources saying otherwise.

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes, I think Noakes made a smart move getting Old Mutual involved in his low carb conference - it's a way of attacking the monolith from within by stakeholders with their bottom line at risk ;)

The ridiculous attempts to discredit Noakes, Fettke and Malhotra don't hold for those of us who can provide anecdotal, and often physical, evidence that LCHF works. AND, I've never eaten so well. :happy:

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I think this thread is probably as good a place as any to post Dr Kendrick's latest instalment of his series on CVD: https://drmalcolmkendrick.org/2016/12/24/what-causes-heart-disease-part-xxiii/

Thanks so much for all your brilliantly informative posts, @Indy51. I've learned so much from them in the past few months, as a lurker and member.

"... not have been forced to endure fifty years of the damaging, destructive diet-heart/cholesterol hypothesis."

Frightening to think of the ravages one simple decision - to bury perfectly good evidence - has done to society as a whole.

I remember going on the Atkins Diet when he first published his book in Australia, I think in 1972 when I was 20 and, to be kind to my younger self, chubby. I left the skin on chicken and ate meat fat and plenty of butter, lovely. I bought Ketostix and was getting along very well when the government warned, strongly, that ketosis was deadly dangerous and told chemists to stop selling them to anyone who couldn't prove they were diabetic! I fell for it and went to Weight Watchers instead. :banghead:

Last edited:
Reactions: jonbvn