Pump belt advice.....

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi All, we are getting a Medtronic 640g for our 15 month old newly diagnosed T1 daughter within the next 6 weeks hopefully. We were wondering if there are any parents out there that can give us any advice on which type of belt would be best for her as she's still very small. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All, we are getting a Medtronic 640g for our 15 month old newly diagnosed T1 daughter within the next 6 weeks hopefully. We were wondering if there are any parents out there that can give us any advice on which type of belt would be best for her as she's still very small. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Have you seen the range of different belts on here?

https://www.funkypumpers.com

I'm afraid I can't advise as I'm not a parent nor a pump user, but it seems like this site has a fairly wide range of pump related accessories:)

Reactions: Sophia's_Daddy

Skye's_mummy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks.

Hi again!
Hope things have settled down a little for you all.
We get our pump belts/bands for funky pumpers or pimp my pump.
I would suggest starting with a lycra one first because of her age.
My lo has 4 bags/belts. She gets to pick which one in the morning she wants to wear, it adds a bit of fun/choice.
It's really a case of personal preference to be honest and what's comfortable for her.
My lo wears a lycra one at night and a belt in the day. There's loads to choose from, ones with 'button holes' at the back are really handy as you can tuck away all the tubing in the pump bag/belt.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Sophia's_Daddy
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi again!
Hope things have settled down a little for you all.
We get our pump belts/bands for funky pumpers or pimp my pump.
I would suggest starting with a lycra one first because of her age.
My lo has 4 bags/belts. She gets to pick which one in the morning she wants to wear, it adds a bit of fun/choice.
It's really a case of personal preference to be honest and what's comfortable for her.
My lo wears a lycra one at night and a belt in the day. There's loads to choose from, ones with 'button holes' at the back are really handy as you can tuck away all the tubing in the pump bag/belt.
Hope this helps.

Hi again.

Yeah we are a bit more confident with it all now, thank you. Had a week of lots of lows but made adjustments and now running at quite good numbers.... at the moment anyway!!
Thanks for that, I thought Lycra would be best for her at the moment so I think we'll get a few of them to start with.
Thanks for your help. X

Reactions: Skye's_mummy

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
With caring parents like you and help from the forum she's in good hands all the best and thinking of her