Pump Review

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
So I've been for my review at the pump clinic today and both the nurse and the consultant are very happy with my readings. I've been having alot of nocturnal hypo's this past fortnight and I have put this down to either returning to work after 5 weeks off or maybe my thyroid as my T4 and TSH readings have been very high since April and having my thyroxin tablets increased to 125mg from 100mg 4 weeks back, I also asked about getting the Libre put on my prescription and the consultant said he thinks every diabetic on an Insulin Pump should have it, he said the team was having a meeting with the CCG at the beginning of October snd for me to call the surgery mid October to see if it has been granted :) my HBA1C was down to 43 aswell from 44 so a good day had !!!

Poosecat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great to hear such positive news. Well done! I'm due to start my pump in November, just one more hoop to jump through. Also have under active thyroid. I'm glad it's going well for you

Reactions: GrantGam

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Excellent results @Gaz-M:)

My HbA1c just came back in at 56mmol/mol which is yet another increase, due to evil DP:(

Clinic appointment on Wednesday though, which I'll attend armed with CGM graphs and data to prove my year on year raised HbA1c is due to DP. Hopefully that will get the insulin pump ball rolling and I can join you back in the low 40's again:)

Well done and keep up the good work!

maria030660

Dislikes
backstabbers, brocoli and dirt toilets...uggghhhh
I was on the Medtronic pump for a few years and past months i have been struggling to keep stuff under control. When Medtronic recalled a lot of batches of Quickset infusion sets i stopped pumping all together and went back to injections. Guess what within 2 days i was a lot better and my HbA1c is now 44.2 ...so a pump is no guarantee it will be better but I hope you will not experience this and enjoy the freedom you have with a pump....its magic

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @maria030660 Out of interest did you try any other infusion sets ? I started off using the Mio which I developed a reaction to and so was struggling greatly, once i'd found an infusion set which worked (sure-t's) everything came good again, I personally think the technology behind the pump is incredibly clever, but it's very often making sure that both the infusion sets suit you as well as finding good sites to position them on, just a thought to try something else altogether :)