1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Quick question...

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Postleneo, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Postleneo

Postleneo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Planning on being adventurous tomorrow and have a pot of oats so simple..... Anyone tried these pots? if so how did you bolus for them and what effect if any did they have on your blood sugar readings?

Thanks in advance :)

2. dancer

dancer Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I tried one of those pots once. I just bolussed what it said on the tub. As far as I remember, my BG was nothing out of the ordinary but , for some reason, I didn't like the taste and preferred the sachets.

3. kaylz91

kaylz91 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Most people find the pots can be a bit hit and miss as they are more processed, I have a 45g serving of jumbo oats with raspberries every morning, bolus 20 minutes before and never usually have a problem (until my basal needs reducing again that is lol) ENJOY!! :) x

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook