licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
not posted since he bad cough
the cough shifted after a couple of days but stayed on my chest which resluted in an emergency drs appointment as was finding breathing hard, ive suffered shortness of breath for a while but this was worse, i saw a locum he listened to my chest and sent me for chest x ray which i had done thursday now im panicking over results as i watched my mum with lung cancer and her fist symptom was short of breath
had a 3 1/2lb weightloss last week and got slimmer of the week, was about 3lb off slimmer of the month
im managing foods better with the odd blip
according to my monitor my daily averages range from 6.9-8.8 being the very highest so any advice given on these would be great
my breakfast daily is full fat greek yogurt (i can eat tub loads of that stuff) chia seeds and strawberries, normally get a reading between 6 and 6
still unable to exercise but hoping as the weight comes off i will find it easier
thyroid levels getting better, last reading was TSH 3.31 so i increased thyroxine from 6ml to 7ml (120mcg)
water retention getting better, ankes still puffy of an evening but hardly noticable
ive stopped the mirtazapine as that was making me hungry (i forgot to take while i was ill and never started it back up)
anoher strange thing ive noticed is after eating i feel really sick...not sure if diabetes related or not

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
there are so many different reasons to why one can have this shortage of breath.. I mean other than cancer ... it can actually also be caused by fear.... and create a bad circle if one has a tendency towards being scared of disease, it can also be because the heart is having a hard time... if one is unfit in general and also asthmatic stress and lots and lots of other reasons.... good that you see a doctor for it so it can be found out why.
I myself had a panicking reaction towards wommiting which created a kind of death angest in me years ago and the more scared the worse my breathing got and that alone ended up giving me cramps, as soon as I learned not to be scared of wommiting my breathing problems disapeared ...not saying that your reason is not somatic... just think you need the doctors advice..and help

are you by the way taking metformin , because metformin can make ones metabolism (THS stimulating hormon) seem much higher than it in fact is if only measured and ajusted from the levels of TSH

Reactions: licklemoose

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@licklemoose - worry about the results when they're in the hands of a doctor. Whatever they are, you've got about a million people here sending you love and urging you onwards.

Don't worry about what it "could" be - just keep moving forwards with what you know.

Get well soon - I miss you!

Sock x

Reactions: licklemoose

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
thank you
results came in yesterday
dr called around 6ish last night and said heart was normal shape and lungs were clear
what a relief
now im sill no wiser as to why i get the shortness of breath all the time (is better than last week)
i see endo next week for thyroid so will have a chat and see what he/she says
im on 1500mg metformin a day so will go by how i feel rather than TSH results and adjust when needed. im due more bloods in about 4 weeks so will hold my dose for now and again have a chat with endo next week