Rant....worry

Ange1a65

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi....sorry I need to rant and probably waffle.....
I feel like a fake was diagnosed type 2 a yr ago but due to medication allergies have been controlling with diet only...
I am due to have some surgery in next few weeks but need to be nil by mouth from 8pm the night before and explained this to DN today as I am worried that most nights around 3am I go to about 4 with usual sweats etc so have a little drink and small amount to eat to get me through rest of night ........but obviously I going to be nil by mouth was worried how low it will go as........her reply was just eat some brown pasta (slow release carbs) night before and you should be ok.......so anxious and wondered if anyone had gone through something similar........hope this makes sense as got myself so worked up :-(
I also mentioned the pins needles in feet and hands and she said it was doubtful that it was diabetic related!
And as for getting her to also test my vit d and b12 and thyroid levels she even checked her guidelines for criteria for testing....
Feel left to it and alone.
Thanks in advance

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi....sorry I need to rant and probably waffle.....
I feel like a fake was diagnosed type 2 a yr ago but due to medication allergies have been controlling with diet only...
I am due to have some surgery in next few weeks but need to be nil by mouth from 8pm the night before and explained this to DN today as I am worried that most nights around 3am I go to about 4 with usual sweats etc so have a little drink and small amount to eat to get me through rest of night ........but obviously I going to be nil by mouth was worried how low it will go as........her reply was just eat some brown pasta (slow release carbs) night before and you should be ok.......so anxious and wondered if anyone had gone through something similar........hope this makes sense as got myself so worked up :-(
I also mentioned the pins needles in feet and hands and she said it was doubtful that it was diabetic related!
And as for getting her to also test my vit d and b12 and thyroid levels she even checked her guidelines for criteria for testing....
Feel left to it and alone.
Thanks in advance
You should have a pre-op assessment a week or two before the surgical procedure. This is your opportunity to ask about your concerns.

Sometimes, depending on the surgeons' operating list, the medics time the operations of those with diabetes to fit around the need for food and diabetes meds, so if you have needed to eat at 3am your surgery could be scheduled for the end of the list. You will also be likely to be offered pre-op medication to relax you, and will be well looked after on the day of the surgery, as the staff are used to having anxious patients.

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is there any reason why you are not trusting your liver to raise your blood sugar level when it goes lower in the night?

The liver helps us and is the normal healthy process for people who do not take insulin or other medications that can force lows.