Ranty McRantface

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi folks, sorry for this but I've HAD to put my Ranting Hat on...... no need to respond but I did just want to get it off my chest so thank you for listening.

Been away working hard for a few days in challenging heat, blood sugars absolutely brilliant. Been to the gym today, and for a swim. We had a drink in the village pub this evening (to celebrate the 11-year anniversary of first setting eyes on Mr S outside that very pub...... awwwwwwww) and got talking to a chap who noticed my Libre sensor as his mate at work uses it, so that was v cool - showed it off to him and was pleased to be 6.4. I've been very stable for the last few days.

Roll on 3 hours from the pub, and it seems that I s*dding well didn't have any insulin with my (low carb) supper when I got home - homemade fish pie (with caulimash topping, Philly instead of white sauce), broccoli, asparagus, strawbs and cream. For the third time since getting my pump I got distracted in the whole 'deliver bolus' waiting game and DIDN'T hit the go button.

I AM SO CROSS. I hate being high and I'm now in a Snapsy spiral of 'I am such an idiot'.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Have corrected and will keep checking. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Love Snapsy :bag:

D

Deleted member 308541

A good rant @Snapsy but don't feel to bad about it, #$%& happens.

You had a great night out, remember that instead of forgetting to hitting the "GO" button

Reactions: ziggy_w

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
this is the club that all of us pumpers belong to -- I am having an evening of "staying in the 8's "
I started at 7.4 before tea and have remained in the 8's ever since
total carbs were only 30 and bolus was correct -- but even with 2 corrections I remain at 8.8 -- 4 hours post meal

totally with ya snaps !!!!!!!! :mad::mad::confused::confused::arghh::arghh:

perhaps you should ask for a new username !! :D:D:D

Last edited:

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You had a great night out, remember that instead of forgetting to hitting the "GO" button
Thanks, @Tipetoo - it was great, but it was only 20 minutes 'out' - specifically the purpose of nipping for a drink was to perform a hilarious* anniversary-of-meeting re-enactment of the 'wow, he looks nice' moment back in 2006 when I was but a young** whippersnapsy. Ironically we could have stayed out for a pub supper but chose to go home because last night's fish pie leftovers had been 'so well carb counted'!!!!!!! Couldn't make it up! LOL......

*probably only hilarious to me, tbh! ;)
**not that young

Last edited:

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
perhaps you should ask for a new username !! :D:D:D
DEFINITELY! Henceforth to be known as Ranty McRantface, but ONLY if I'm actually wearing the relevant hat!

Hope your 8s don't hang around, @himtoo . Guess you and I both have some testing ahead of us tonight.... :meh:

Thanks all for making me feel less ranty. I love this place!
:happy:

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
for now you can be unranty MC unrantface ( doesn't quite have the ring though )

LOL -- just tested about 5 min ago -- and WHAT a surprise -- huge sudden drop to 5.1 ( don't we love this game !! :D )

Reactions: Snapsy

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
If it makes you feel better yesterday I forgot to put my pump on after my shower and only realised when I got to work...doh !!

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
oh the joy of that deliver bolus button, hope you didn't go to high Snaspy :(:nailbiting:

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh bad luck @Juicyj ! Hope all's well without too much of a blip. I only - by a low-carb miracle - 'only' hit 12.2 - and from 1am was between 4 and 5 until I got up at 6.30. I got off jolly lightly - the last time I forgot to deliver my bolus I hit the mid 20s (after only a bowl of soup.......)!

And yes @Gaz-M - surely the best thing about our Insights...... NOT!!!!!!! ;)

Reactions: Juicyj

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm missing out on so much on not having a pump.....:(:(:(.
Goes to prove one thing I think. As much as we're all diabetics, more importantly we're all humans.
It's the blips like above that makes us special......... we post ,we correct, we rant and we move on, hopefully with a smile that only us diabetics can appreciate.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Awwww @therower what a lovely post! Humans R Us!

And the pump aspect - would you like one? I had been convinced that I would never ever fit the NICE criteria because my HbA1c was on target - but in fact this 'perfect' (not my own word) HbA1c was only because I had been micromanaging myself to such an extent that it was having a profound and detrimental effect on my everyday life.

I wrote it all down for my DSN, and starting in spring 2014 I had lots and lots of appointments with her, culminating in getting my pump in autumn 2015.

For 29 years I had been very fearful of doing all sorts of things that others around me seemed to cope with without even thinking. But in the last two years I have finally been getting to know my inner Snapsy.

If you have been turned down for a pump but feel you would benefit from one (my feeling is that they should be available to everyone) do approach INPUT and also build a rapport with your DSN. Mine was part of the team who had bluntly said 'no' when I first met with them to talk about a pump. Shortest appointment of my life, that one! But once - and YEARS later, mind - she really began to understand me and how a pump would really benefit me, well, that set the ball rolling.

:)

Reactions: himtoo

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Snapsy . I have given pumping some thought in the past, and must admit they sound a great piece of kit. After some consideration I've currently decided to hold fire on asking for a pump, certain aspects that wouldn't suit my lifestyle at moment, but definitely something to consider in years to come.
Happy Anniversary ( if somewhat a little late ).:):)

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Pumping sounds like something perhaps for the future then - sounds good - and the tech is improving all the time - who knows what's round the corner?

Thanks re anniversary-of-meeting! It still amuses me that I picked him up at the village pub just a month after moving here.......... ;)