1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, Royal Holloway, University of London are conducting a study to understand how people with diabetes create and share knowledge online. Get involved here »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Reactions to nuts

Discussion in 'Type 1.5/LADA Diabetes' started by Kristin251, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Prem51

Prem51 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I'm not giving up nuts. I found out a couple of days ago that LIDL are now selling pistachios, salted and unsalted, cheaper than anywhere else. I've been eating a 250 gm bag of the unsalted ones almost every day. And a 150 gm bag of the salted pistachios with a couple of glasses of red wine at the weekend.
    I love pistachios! :)

2. Mbaker

Mbaker Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I eat 7 different types of nuts everyday. I know the amount I eat doesn't spike my sugars too high but keeps them at say the mid 5's for longer (increasing my HbA1c number). I have begun to cut back especially with my after dinner amount.

3. Kristin251

Kristin251 LADA · Well-Known Member

I admit I don't eat handfuls at any one time. That would lead to another handful, then another but I do pick at them all day long. At the end of the day I'm sure I've had a handful, or more

Something about pumpkin seeds when I can fall asleep. A big pinch of those with an ounce of chilled vodka and out go the lights. I think they're high in tryptophan. Whatever it is, it works.

My stash is always Macs, home roasted pumpkin seeds, pistachio, and pecan pieces on my melted cheeses. Great with Brie!! I'll eat a few Brazil nuts a week for the selenium but not my fav.

4. fletchweb

fletchweb Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I eat probably too many Pistachios - just bought a 250 g bag this afternoon and I think I may have already consumed half of the bag.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kristin251

Kristin251 LADA · Well-Known Member

It's imparative I buy them in the shell!! Helps with portion control. I'm not a patient person so enough becomes enough.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook