Recently diagnosed with type 2

andrew975

I have type 2 diabetes, i've started a low fat diet as am overweight I am being prescribed metformin , what concerns me is, I havn't been referred to anyone, just told to return in 1 month, is this normal? all the imformation that i have looked up says, You will see a care team etc, I have Congestive Heart Failure + AF which limits me already.

Whitevanman

Hi Andrew,
Yes i belive you should have a Diabetic TEAM, this may take some time to set up as it may not be at your GP`s.
When i was told i was type 2 about a month after i was told to come to my GP`s for my yearly reveview, WHAT? I was told that my GP had all diabetic people in at that time of year and that includes me.
You can always ask when you go back in a month.

wombat

hello everyone , not sure if i'm at the right bit but here goes. i'm impressed with the site and forum.i was diagnosed 6 weeks ago and am on diet only at the mo. i'm lucky i think cos my surgery has a dedicated diabetes team and the nurse who dealt with me is very nice, very sympathetic and helpful. my levels were quite high on the first tests so its possible i'll be on the tablets soon.its all a bit weird and i'm not too sure how i feel about it at the moment. got an eye test thingy next week and then i see the nurse in may after some blood test or other for Ha' something ,all a bit too much to take in at once . any thoughts anybody ?

Whitevanman

Hi Wombat,
I know just how you feel, I found out last September and came out of my doctors in a trance.
Right now it all seems just to much but take things one day at a time and it start to come together.
This site will help a lot and I`m sure nobody will mind another site is Diabetes uk will also help,
I only use these two sites because the advice given is from people who realy know, be very carefull of the internet, there is a lot of rubbish out there.
Exersise is a very good idear it gets your blood glucose levels down.
Whitevanman.