regimes and ratios

TROUBR

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Well this is interesting - are the dosages due to ones weight at all - I only ask because I am a large lady - not your typical thin type 1 and I take larger amounts than most and my ratios are higher too? (not that I am implying that all of you who take larger amounts are large like me of course :oops: )

Also my breakfast is better than the rest of the day which is in reverse as well I believe!
I do exercise regularly though and only eat moderate carbs generally.

Morning - 1 unit per 9 carbs (usually 45 cho)
Lunch - 1 unit per 5 carbs (usually 45 cho)
Dinner - 1 unit per 5 carbs + 1 metformin which I was put on in June but not sure why (usually about 50 cho)

Lantus (at bedtime) 24 units

I have finally been given my DAFNE dates starting 15th Jan - can't wait I was diagnosed in April last year and have been winging quite well it since. Well apart from Christmas when I made a complete mess of it and ran higher than usual - better than having a hypo Christmas I suppose!

Louise

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
12u Levemir 10am
12u Levemir 10pm

15gCHO:1u NovoRapid

I think my average TDD is about 45u.

I have absorbtion problems though which lead to 'unexplained' random highs and hypos... hopefully this will be sorted with a pump this year!!

malky

well after my last visit to the hospital i am no on a carb counting regime
Now i take
30 Lantus at 6pm and 1 unit for every 9 carbs and my control has been better not so many highs

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I haven't been on the DAFNE course, but have been given some carb portion education. I now take 1 unit of novorapid for each 10g of carbs (or 1 CP). So my regime looks like this:

Breakfast: 4 units novorapid (bowl bran flakes)
Lunch: 6 units novorapid (home-made sandwich and salad)
Dinner: 6 or 8 units novorapid

Bedtime: 18 units glargine

Exercise most days mon-fri at lunch time and try to get a game of football in once a week.

Control is a lot better since I received the basic carb counting education. 8)