Regular moderate exercise log

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wow, wow, wow, wow and wow! That's absolutely fantastic - and yay to the fasting results!

And I'm the same, @Japes , if I haven't been exercising - I end up (metaphorically) climbing the walls....... Apparently I'm much nicer to be around when I've burnt off some steam!

:)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey @Snapsy . Only just spotted your post from your 5km event.
Well done and a virtual high 5.
Extremely disappointed though. Looking that good sprint finishing makes me wonder why you didn't do the second circuit :):):):):):).

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have an agreement with everyone who loves me to stick to my 'stamina plan' and not pass a certain target! 10k all at once is not on the December plan.....

But I really appreciate the encouragement, @therower , and just to reassure you that I'm not slacking, I'm off to running club this week for the first time since July!

:smug:

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Swam 21 lengths (and then steamed in the lovely steam room!) with a mate yesterday morning, and last night I went to running club.

What an experience! Had never run in the dark before! Have now asked Father Christmas for a snazzy little running hi-vis vest. There were about 20 of us, and we ran a route round our local town which was mostly street lit, but for the bits that weren't I was very glad of my head torch and the lady some way in front of me who had so many flashing red LEDs that she was lit up like a Christmas tree! It was FABULOUS.

5.6km in all, and I loved every minute.

Had a lie-in this morning until around 7.20am - normally I'm up at 5.55am for swimming - but I've had a short walk to the end of the village and back on an errand, so I've not been entirely idle....

:):):)

Reactions: therower

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My local running club is hosting the next cross-country race in the county series, and it turns out there was an informal run of the course yesterday. And as I hadn't been able to get to parkrun on Saturday - well, I went along to the cross country!

Jogged at the back, as had never attempted that distance (7.9km - about 5 miles) - and it was amazing! It was lovely to be out in such gorgeous scenery (the course is around the outer edge of a farm). I was very much last - but as it was a fact-find, that's fine.

And - erm - I'm now planning on doing the actual race. Well, they mentioned they needed more women on the team for points reasons.............

Stretched out with a swim this morning - I'm not stiff from the run yet but I'm thinking it might all hit me tomorrow!

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
HIIT sessions are the devil! Especially if my legs are still sore from deadlifts yesterday.

Now off to visit my grandfather who turned 88 today and can still kick my ass cardio wise.

Reactions: mc9 and Snapsy

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Happy birthday to Opa, @qe5rt !

Had two days without swimming this week as I woke up hypo, treated with glucose but felt too vulnerable to drive, let alone swim. No worries though - have still hit my target. 24 lengths this morning. I was really tired though, so for the first time in ages it felt like a chore, which was a bit of a shame. My target at the moment is 24-30 lengths three to five times a week, and I didn't want to 'fail'.

Running club last night - hill reps! Ran a total of just over 4km - through town (downhill then uphill), then to a killer road which we ran up at full-tilt, then jogged (or crawled...) back down again.

First time I'd done any kind of interval training - and it was great. Not even stiff this morning (but then I was taking it fairly easy as I'd never 'done' hills before).

All good training for the cross country race this weekend. HOW did I let myself get talked into that one?! Will report back, assuming I've survived.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Flipping heck... 1st day of the holidays, possibility of a lie in and what's my dear body instructing me. Yes, I'm up and raring to get walking! I nudged into the final 100 miles to go to 2000 miles last night and am all fired up with enthusiasm to get it done. (Plus, blood extraction for Hba1c on Monday is meaning I'm being super-good on all fronts before a bit of relaxation of super-strictness. Good planning to have it pre-Christmas, methinks.)

However, light change of plans for the holidays means I need to get a bit more organised than my usual get stocked up on easy (this year LC) food for munching once the organist work is done by lunch time of Christmas Day when I slump in a heap until I revive again. But, I am sternly telling myself that friend has car and we can shop together on Friday, there is no need for me to trek to and from with a heavy shopping trolley this time even if it is good exercise..

Mind you, if this morning's full of energeticness is anything to go by, (after what has been the most horrendous term in many ways) I may be breaking the Christmas Day tradition of slumping in a heap and going for a 10 mile walk instead. Except friend may not be up to that... Mmmm. this is serious role reveral here, until this last year she could out walk me, now it's most definitely the other way round.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's tomorrow, @qe5rt - wibble!
:eek::sorry::nailbiting:

Not had the best day today but hoping to absolutely go for it tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Have had trouble with getting too hot while running, so at running club on Thursday I very bravely started in short sleeves rather than long ones (I was freezing to start with!). Glad I did, though, as I got warm quickly and didn't overheat. Going to go with that plan tomorrow. Will make sure I wrap my Libre arm in something as the reader doesn't read a sensor that's too cold - glad I found that out.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Awww thanks so much @Japes !

You're welcome Be thinking of you tomorrow! I'm in awe of anyone who runs.I'm happy with the walking I do and enjoy the distance walking. Though, I do ache a bit today - 14 miles yesterday and 16 miles today. Shorter walking day tomorrow, methinks. Well, I've got organist duties twice which restricts the time available.

Annoyingly (or maybe it's just well) the pedometer doesn't pick up the pedalling as steps (other organists tell me their fitbit type ones do!) I'd do miles tomorrow with a 10 carol carol service. (Can't persuade the chooser of the music on these occasions that 10 is too many.)

Reactions: Snapsy

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I DID IT!

Thank you so much everyone for spurring me on!

Came home caked in mud and with a big smile on my face! Not sure of the seconds but it was 57 minutes something - 5 miles across fields, undulating, muddy, fallen trees etc.

BRILLIANT!

:happy:

Reactions: qe5rt

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I DID IT!

Came home caked in mud and with a big smile on my face! Not sure of the seconds but it was 57 minutes something - 5 miles across fields, undulating, muddy, fallen trees etc.

BRILLIANT!

Excellent! So glad it went well.

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I DID IT!

BRILLIANT!

Well done @Snapsy! Go Girl Go!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Snapsy . Well done, sounds like you had a good time.
Are you planning another similar run?
Will you be signing up for a Wolf Run in the foreseeable future;););).???

Congratulations.

Keep running.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks all!

And a big vulpine 'grrrrrrrrrr' to the idea of a wolf run...... LOL!