Regular moderate exercise log

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good job @Snapsy

Started week 4 of the DUP routine, the hypertrophy workouts don't feel like a marathon anymore. But the idiot that made the routine wants me to go go higher on the intensity on week 6. It's all fun and games when you're sitting behind a desk designing the routine but when you actually have to do it!!! That idiot was me about 4 weeks ago.

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Shoulder started acting up so i took some time off. The little OCD that i have does not allow me to continue a routine after missing a workout. So i designed a new one to start tomorrow, and i asked my shoulder nicely to be okay. After i've been bulking for a couple of months and gotten to where i want to be it's time to cut again (especially after the first holiday weekend :oops:). Starting at 74,3 kg (163-ish pounds) and 15,4% BF it's definitely time. Want to get back around 10% BF and i'll see where my weight takes me then. I aptly named this routine "cost of redemption" since i have been sinning on the diet lately and it shows.

I should've started today with a HIIT session but i was fixing the internet ... meaning staring at my monitor and crying why wont you work ...

Yep i've been productive today and managed to get a new high score on the no internet dinosaur game.
NoInternet.jpg
:shifty:

Reactions: Snapsy

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @qe5rt . Sounds like you've got a plan of action. Shoulders !!!!!!!!!!! Bain of my life. Sorry to hear a shoulder problem has stopped your previous plans.
Is it a rotator cuff problem?
That's been my biggest problem over the last few years, so much that I now do a set warm up routine especially for my shoulders. I've also found that avoiding isolation exercises pays great dividends, upright barbell rows!!!!!!!!!! Why????????
Hope you get your shoulder sorted but guess it's a case of rest and time.
Best wishes for the New Year.

Reactions: Snapsy and qe5rt

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@therower i've always figured it was the rotator cuff too, it feels great to take on of those pins that hold up a stack and jamming it in my shoulder massaging it. Upright rows are indeed hell for the shoulder, i usually incorporate cuban rotations seems to help. Yesterday i was able to go fairly heavy without discomfort so i guess i got it sorted out.

Before i forget best wishes to you too for the New Year,

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ahem. A whole week ahead of schedule, I have completed my walking challenge for 2016. (I began on 6th January, so I was prepared for a little lee-way.) All 2000 miles of it. It began at 500, grew to 1000, then I got a bit over-ambitious...

I am sitting still, and comfortably, and don't intend to move much for the rest of the day now!

Reactions: qe5rt

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just realized today was the last workout of the year. Sadly i didn't reach my bench press goal (didn't even bother to try) but i have a feeling i'm pretty darn close.

Reactions: therower

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
An incredible achievement, @Japes !
CONGRATULATIONS!

Haven't swum as much as I'd've liked to in the last week (Thursday, Wednesday, yesterday) but I have had two long walks and a bike ride over the Christmas period.

Missed running club last night because of attending a raucous and Prosecco-fuelled games night with friends instead, and didn't get to the pool this morning for the *coughs* same reason....

Looking forward to parkrun tomorrow - last week was the first time I'd run the winter course at my local parkrun, which is faster as none of it is grass (the summer course has a lot of grass) so I was pleased that this helped me to get the best time I've had for a while!

:)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you all! I did sit quite still for much of yesterday, doing all kinds of admin jobs which had been piling up and which I couldn't ignore much long, but went out walking again today. I'm thinking I might do a walking blog, as I'm really enjoying some of the quirky bits of my city which I'm finding and have been taking some good photos. Well, I'm rather liking them!

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
First workout of the year, didn't increase weight as i was supposed to since i only slept two hours. The fact that i was able to workout at all was enough for today.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So January is here and what to do?
Decision made to focus on cardio/ intensity training for the month. Nothing new for me there but I've decided to see if I can up or change the intensity of my workouts.
So hit the rowing machine with a pyramid workout.
1/2/3/4/500 sprints and back down again with 60 sec rest period, but on the rest period I'm off the rower and doing 10 press ups.
It's great, it's different and I'm kn***kered at the end of it but I can't wait for the next time I do it.

Yiannim

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
staying still
Happy new year to everyone :) wishing all good health and happiness above everything else :) I love to train and i've started my January with High Intensity Interval training and i train in 45 min sessions. I tend to work on all of my body and i apply a method called ladders adopting a push and pull method. i.e. ill do 20 chest press, then 2 bent over rows on each arm (no rest) then go back to the chest and do 18 reps, then back to the bent over rows and do 4 on each arm 16 chest, 6 rows on each arm, 14 chest and 8 rows on each arm and so on... that will be set one :) i then do another 2 sets with different combinations on push and pull yielding all the body :) I try and do this 2 to 3 times a week, on my rest days i do spin, boxersise or body pump :) this is for January :)

Reactions: Snapsy and therower

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm carrying on with my walking this year, trying to do a more consistent amount most days, though not stopping myself from having a 20 - 25 mile walk on a non-work day if I'm in the mood, and the weather is good! Fair weather walker, me. (But I did make myself wear my waterproofs to get my minimum target steps in the other day when it rained all day.)

This week I have certainly achieved consistency. 8 - 10 miles every day. Helped by the fact I was up and down the campus a lot at work this week and every round trip from my base room to the main building is 0.2 miles.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Happy new year, all!

Haven't checked in for a bit but I'm still exercising regularly.

Now, can you please help me? I'm freezing cold and DON'T WANT to put on my running gear and head off to running club. Hill reps tonight.

Please please please will someone give me a verbal kick up the ar$e to encourage me to go? I do want to, and I'll enjoy is when I get there, but I'm really struggling with the whole 'can I be bothered to get changed, write a note for Mr S to get him to put our delicious pre-prepared homemade supper in the oven at the right time, leave the house, get in the car, miss half of the Archers, run in the cold?' aspects of it.

You'll be doing me a massive favour. So kick away! Thank you.

qe5rt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy new year, all!

Haven't checked in for a bit but I'm still exercising regularly.

Now, can you please help me? I'm freezing cold and DON'T WANT to put on my running gear and head off to running club. Hill reps tonight.

Please please please will someone give me a verbal kick up the ar$e to encourage me to go? I do want to, and I'll enjoy is when I get there, but I'm really struggling with the whole 'can I be bothered to get changed, write a note for Mr S to get him to put our delicious pre-prepared homemade supper in the oven at the right time, leave the house, get in the car, miss half of the Archers, run in the cold?' aspects of it.

You'll be doing me a massive favour. So kick away! Thank you.

suffer-the-pain-of-discipline-or-suffer-the-pain-of-regret-quote-1.jpg

A988E3D2-3AD7-4258-AF59-A4A159ACA854.JPG

21427338eddd31a92a95ecc459ff740a.jpg

27882-fitness-motivational-workout-quotes.jpg

Workout-motivational-blogs-on-Tumblr.jpg

Lastly
@Snapsy you've always been a constant in this topic, you might even say that you yourself are an inspiration to a lot of us.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh you STAR @qe5rt - thank you so much! Am very very glad I went - I've warmed up no end!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 reps this time, so more than last time - total distance there, hills and back was 5km.

Happy Snapsy!

:happy:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm also having a bit of a bad attack of the "can't be bothered to go out again"s... Mind you, in my case, the mere sound of the Archers theme tune would have me hurtling out of the door faster than almost anything else, methinks.

Last edited: