Regular moderate exercise log

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
WOW @Japes !

As I read it I was thinking 'TOP BANANA' so I was thrilled when I scrolled down and saw that you have indeed been awarded the Top Banana, saving me a nomination task by tagging @therower !

Ooooooooh I love to see a well-earned top banana!

FABULOUS work, @Japes ! You're smashing!

Love Snapsy xxx

Edited for overexcited hasty spelling......

Reactions: Japes

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Japes . I just want to sing that classic from The Proclaimers. I'm gonna be/500 miles. Changing 500 for 3000:):).
On account I can't sing I shall award you the highly prized " top banana " award of the day.
Top banana is someone who achieves something that little bit special.
Well done.:)

Actually, I achieved 5000 miles of recorded walking the day before - 2000 miles had become 2016's target as the walking took off! I've been going around singing "And I would walk 5000 miles..." ever since.

Thank you for my "Top Banana" award!!

Reactions: therower

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
WOW @Japes !

As I read it I was thinking 'TOP BANANA' so I was thrilled when I scrolled down and saw that you have indeed been awarded the Top Banana, saving me a nomination task by tagging @therower !

Ooooooooh I love to see a well-earned top banana!

FABULOUS work, @Japes ! You're smashing!

Love Snapsy xxx

Edited for overexcited hasty spelling......

Thank you!!

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Kick up bum needed please folks!

Situation: I'm having a very GRRRRRRRRRR week and I NEED TO RUN OFF SOME STEAM at running club tonight. I want to go. But at the same time I'm not sure I can be - how can I put this politely? - bothered to change into my running gear and go out.

Please somebody tell me to shut up and just go!

:arghh:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

Situation: I'm having a very GRRRRRRRRRR week and I NEED TO RUN OFF SOME STEAM at running club tonight. I want to go. But at the same time I'm not sure I can be - how can I put this politely? - bothered to change into my running gear and go out.

Helpfully, I'm still in work mode and not taken off the steel toe capped boots yet...

Pulls self up to full 5 foot and a very little bit,

Give best "Don't even think about arguing with me" glare*

@Snapsy get your butt off that sofa/chair, get your running gear on, and get out there. I'll be checking later.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Since I am in Butt Kicking Mode - just administered one to me and taking self out for brisk walk.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

If you don't/ didn't go then you're not the @Snapsy we all know and love as we do.;)

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks guys! You're smashing!

Went, had a fab time despite dropping like a stone to 2.9 and arriving home with a black toenail. Flipping trail shoes I bought last week proved to be not quite ideal when worn on 12km run on Sunday, but toenail was only purple on Sunday, then it was fine yesterday, and now it's BLACK.

'Normal' running shoes tonight, fab 8km run, all fine until I got back to the car park we'd started from, then it started feeling odd, but literally - like on Sunday - only after I'd finished my run.

Bizarre!

Reactions: Down-Jai 001

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Snapsy ............. sounds uncomfortable to say the least.
Definitely a good excuse to put your feet up to relieve pressure in toenail. I'm sure Mr S will wait on you hand and foot ( even with a black toenail ):):):)

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Snapsy ............. sounds uncomfortable to say the least.
Definitely a good excuse to put your feet up to relieve pressure in toenail. I'm sure Mr S will wait on you hand and foot ( even with a black toenail ):):):)
Just a bit pressure-y, @therower - Google tells me it'll be fine if I leave it alone.

Have had a nice warm shower and have got my tootsies elevated in bed. Luxury!

Oh, and the Mr S reference - well, I'll see how that goes. LOL! #blesshiscottonsocks

:)

Reactions: therower and Japes

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Phew! Most relieved I don't have to do any more butt kicking tonight, @Snapsy !

I made it out for enough of a walk to do the job I needed a walk to do.

*Stands down Japes' stern work mode*

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well, since the Dawn of the Black Toenail I haven't run again - that was Tuesday - but I did have a swim on Thursday, and that's all I've managed in a very busy week this week!

I've been saaaaaaaving myself, you see - I'm doing a 10km fun run bedecked in fairy lights and POSSIBLY my stripy pants (depends how far I decide to take the festive fancy dress idea) - amusingly it's the running club Christmas party tonight (I'm not going) so let's see what kind of a state my running colleagues are in at the start line in the morning!

I don't normally have a drink on an evening either before or after a run, but it's been a long day at work today and I need to albeit not match the Christmas party booze consumption at least have a glass of Finest Red...... so cheers!

Will report back tomorrow!

:)

Reactions: Salvia and Japes

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I await the report of the fun run with great interest @Snapsy And I think a glass of Finest Red is called for!

I've had a few relaxed days around both food and exercise as I'd been asked to do so to see what effects it had prior to a GP appointment as there's definitely something going on and we're trying to eliminate some things we'd suspected. It was so nice to get back to normal on both food and exercise today! (Meds have been altered again and I started another new regime this morning.)

Mind you, I'm really looking forward to the new boots I've promised myself! I may have to post a picture of the three pairs I've worn out this year!!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Still trying to work out fitbit for sleep and steps. Having to grab spare moments when kids at school to sort it out.
Totally nieve to it all.
I charged it yesterday. Monday I want to feed it to my new Santa delivered tablet which I'm using in kids absence. They have one too.
Hoping to start it monday night sleep and thereafter.
I'm guessing I have to find the app which makes sense of its data, to make any headway?
Years ago these similiar gadgets came with a disc.
I think the app is in the new phone it's twinned for it to be free. 10yr old is getting that off Santa and still needs a sim and charging.
I will get there and then I'll use as a pedometer and quality sleep monitor.
I'll just encourage movement and be mindful of too much sitting down, on an evening.
I wonder what a whole year will look like ???
Not as many as 5000 miles like @Japes?

What is an average steps per week should I be aiming for? I'm walking with a crutch to support my back and off and on numb leg, foot and toes on my rightside.
Any idea?

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What is an average steps per week should I be aiming for?
Every step will make a difference, @ickihun - I don't know anything about recommended step numbers, but given what we folks on here know - in some cases to our cost - about recommended levels of this and that (hefty pinches of salt so often required!) I would want to challenge myself with a number that is comfortable but not so much as to cause me pain, discomfort or hypoglycaemia!

Hugs. Just getting out there is a Really Good Thing.

xxx

PS Wish I could help you with the techie stuff but I'm a lass from the dark ages...

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@ickihun I'm no help with technology either, I'm afraid. I have a simple but effective pedometer!

A friend of mine, who has similar walking issues to you, has a fitbit to help her not overdo things so as not to set herself back yet again. She's had a frustrating time of it. She was aiming to do no more than 2000 steps a day, and was hoping to go up in 500 step increments as she could in time. I'll try to find out if that's changed.

As @Snapsy says, do what's comfortable, with maybe a bit of a challenge, for you. And don't do anything to set yourself back! But, yeah, maybe not aiming for my 5000 miles in just under two years just yet.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still trying to work out fitbit for sleep and steps. Having to grab spare moments when kids at school to sort it out.
Totally nieve to it all.
I charged it yesterday. Monday I want to feed it to my new Santa delivered tablet which I'm using in kids absence. They have one too.
Hoping to start it monday night sleep and thereafter.
I'm guessing I have to find the app which makes sense of its data, to make any headway?
Years ago these similiar gadgets came with a disc.
I think the app is in the new phone it's twinned for it to be free. 10yr old is getting that off Santa and still needs a sim and charging.
I will get there and then I'll use as a pedometer and quality sleep monitor.
I'll just encourage movement and be mindful of too much sitting down, on an evening.
I wonder what a whole year will look like ???
Not as many as 5000 miles like @Japes?

What is an average steps per week should I be aiming for? I'm walking with a crutch to support my back and off and on numb leg, foot and toes on my rightside.
Any idea?
Hello Ickihun, I'm delighted to see you have got a Fitbit. I have had mine for a while and I LOVE it. It is SO motivating! At the same time I do sympathise with your digital technology teething problems. I always find getting started with one of these devices absolute agony. In my case, I have never been able to persuade my Fitbit to sync with my desktop computer. Instead I sync with my tablet and then look at the results on my desktop because that is bigger and clearer for my aging eyes! Of course all the results are also there on the tablet, or on a phone. You don't need a CD, just download from the internet. (For synoing directly with a desktop you do need the little USB key which I should think came with your Fitbit. You don't need the key for syncing with a phone or tablet, or to look at your data on your desktop once it is in your phone .)

I suggest you set a comfortably low target for your daily and weekly steps. Then when you have succeeded at that you can increase your target. There is absolutely no point in setting yourself up for failure. Your weekly target needs to be less than your daily target x 7, to allow for problems or a rest day. You can also set targets for floors climbed ( if you walk uphill outdoors your Fitbit will measure the altitude you reach in floors.) And you can set a target for miles. You need to put in your personal data so your Fitbit can calculate how many steps you do per mile!

I have never worked out how many steps etc I do in a year, but every so often Fitbit sends me encouraging emails telling me I have earned badges, or telling me how many steps I did last week. You will have to tell your Fitbit what kind of alerts you like to receive.

Good luck, don't forget to post reports on your Fitbit.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun I'm no help with technology either, I'm afraid. I have a simple but effective pedometer!

A friend of mine, who has similar walking issues to you, has a fitbit to help her not overdo things so as not to set herself back yet again. She's had a frustrating time of it. She was aiming to do no more than 2000 steps a day, and was hoping to go up in 500 step increments as she could in time. I'll try to find out if that's changed.

As @Snapsy says, do what's comfortable, with maybe a bit of a challenge, for you. And don't do anything to set yourself back! But, yeah, maybe not aiming for my 5000 miles in just under two years just yet.
Thanks @Japes. :)