joules

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Autoimmune issues
Hiya,

Just wanted to share some great news, which will help others perhaps.
I was diagnosed with retinopathy 3 years ago, which then progressed onto maculopathy in March and November last year. I got really paranoid so talked to an external dietician about what I was and wasn't eating and did a test on urine to see what was missing in my diet.
Seemed that I had high gluten and low oils from various meats that I wasn't eating. I was just a fish eater and veggie bloke etc, which I assumed was the healthiest option. She suggested to start eating all meats with an avocado with each meal and various probiotics with fish oil tablets.
I also quit wheat and this change in diet began in January this year.

In March, I went for an eye check and got a letter back saying my eyes are now perfect. So, mission successful :)

I am continuing with this diet and the suggested natural tablets and am finding that my body is more absorbent with foods the insulin is actually now getting through much better.

There was some info I read with regards to wheat intolerance and diabetes. Well... since quitting wheat, my blood sugars do not spike, so that's a worth while quit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Congratulations Great pickup on the wheat and then cutting it
Well Done
Cheers