retinopathy!!!!!!!!!!!

manda pops

Dislikes
spiders, football, topgear
HI, Im just new to this site. But basicaly i have had type1 diabetes for 16 years and i am not the best at keeping track on my blood sugar levels. the past few yrs i have had the retinal screening letters confirming i have slight changes to my eyes. No i have just received a letter confirming i have retinopathy. I am so worried to read this and i dont understand what will happen now, it just says i will need to go to a further exam, i have also started to get on top of my diabetes past few months and my blood sugars have been good, so will this mean the retinopathy will not get worse?

Im just looking for some information and advice from anyone out there who may have this or be in the same boat as me? i know its my fault but please i am so worried about going blind.

Thank You x

Unbeliever

Please ry not to worry too much. Most diabetics have slight changes and it is quite probable that your retinopathy is the result of a recent improvement in your levels and will clear spontaneously.

I now have a five year history of treatment for retinopathy which developed after a few months of taking rosigliazone.

I also have macular oedema . There have been many mishaps and failures along the way. things which don't happe to everyone , but I can stnill see and have been aware of many improvements in treatment during this period.

At last there seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel for me and it is unlikely that anyone else will sufffer from the unsuitable treatmet I was given initially.

I imagine they just want to assess you and monitor you for the future. It is very rare hese days to lose your sight from retinopathy my consultant assures me. the single most important thing is o keep your levels low and stable.
I am sure you will be reassured after your first visit to the eye clinic..

I totally understnd your feelings but I am sure you will be fine.

manda pops

Dislikes
spiders, football, topgear
thank you so much for your reply, i think i may sleep easier tonight. I understand what i have to do to ensure i have a more healthier future. I am hoping this is a kick uo the a** i need.

Good luck to you with everything, this forum helps i imagine.

Thanks Again.

Amanda

Unbeliever

manda pops said:
thank you so much for your reply, i think i may sleep easier tonight. I understand what i have to do to ensure i have a more healthier future. I am hoping this is a kick uo the a** i need.

Good luck to you with everything, this forum helps i imagine.

Thanks Again.

Amanda
Glad to be of help. As you say, this forum has beeen invaluable to me. I was in utter despair when first found it.
I like to try to retur the favour when I can.

I feel the same way about my hospital treatment for my eyes. I remeber the terror i felt wih oone to reassure me.
In some ways it was he best thing which could have happened to me because my wonderful consultant opthalmologis helped me o get my bg levels sorted too!Sleep well!