Return of medical form

Diddly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there,
I am really panicking now just sent off my medical form and noticed its gone over the 21 days! Its the first time I've had to do one, recently diagnosed type 1, it states on the cover letter if not received in time license will be revoked or application will be refused! Had anyone gone over time before or knowledge of this.
Many thanks in advance.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Can't help with the question Diddly, however try ringing the DVLA up in the morning and explain that you overlooked the 21 day deadline and ask them if they'll extend the period, nothing ventured nothing gained and certainly worth a try.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Agreed, give them a call ! They're usually quite friendly and helpful actually ! Good luck !

Diddly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Update- called dvla this morning, explained that my medical form would be late, chap I spoke to said he would put a note on my file to say as much and the day it was posted. He said they may just extend the time scale for sending it back as I have notified them. I then asked what would happen if that wasn't to happen and he said that they would revoke my license until I have reapplied and they had done all there investigations! So fingers crossed for an extension!!