Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

For those who are asking, this is the diabetic plate
pi_366.jpg

it is for sale in the Diabetes.uk shop (which is not the same as the www.diabetes.co.uk site, who run this forum)

I would imagine it worked for @NewlyPreDiabetic 's Mum because it will have been an improvement on her previous eating habits, and she may (this is a guess) have been on medication which will have helped. The proportions of food shown on the plate are actually suggested in the early stages of the DCUK Low Carb Program (link in my signature) as a starting point when cutting down carbs.

So yes, NewlyPreDiabetic, eating this way, as a pre-diabetic, may help you a great deal. But it all depends on what your eating habits were like before. If you lived on greens, salads and meat before, then introducing this amount of carb may be a backward step. While if you lived on pasta, baked potatoes and toast before, then eating to the diabetic place may be a fantastic move.

For many type 2 diabetics the Diabetic Plate is too many carbs, but it may be perfect for you.

Why not check out the Low Carb Program I mentioned earlier (link in my sig) to find out exactly where carbs and hidden carbs can be found in food, and how to identify and arrange your own diet to suit your body. The program is free. :)
Just spotted this - what happened to Dairy?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

For those who are asking, this is the diabetic plate
pi_366.jpg

it is for sale in the Diabetes.uk shop (which is not the same as the www.diabetes.co.uk site, who run this forum)

I would imagine it worked for @NewlyPreDiabetic 's Mum because it will have been an improvement on her previous eating habits, and she may (this is a guess) have been on medication which will have helped. The proportions of food shown on the plate are actually suggested in the early stages of the DCUK Low Carb Program (link in my signature) as a starting point when cutting down carbs.

So yes, NewlyPreDiabetic, eating this way, as a pre-diabetic, may help you a great deal. But it all depends on what your eating habits were like before. If you lived on greens, salads and meat before, then introducing this amount of carb may be a backward step. While if you lived on pasta, baked potatoes and toast before, then eating to the diabetic place may be a fantastic move.

For many type 2 diabetics the Diabetic Plate is too many carbs, but it may be perfect for you.

Why not check out the Low Carb Program I mentioned earlier (link in my sig) to find out exactly where carbs and hidden carbs can be found in food, and how to identify and arrange your own diet to suit your body. The program is free. :)
Hey that's fasting....

richf

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
rainy days
I am so glad that I came across this site. Had been glucose impaired for a few years, didn't really know what it meant and no one seemed interested in telling me. A few weeks back at my annual check I was told to return in 3 months for the same tests. This made me feel something is not right so I started looking around and ended up here. I need to loose some weight and although I could have retired a few years back I do 3 days a week. Previously this has been quite active and out all day ( as a land surveyor) but for the last 9 months I am office bound. Initially I was feeling somewhat scared of what the future will bring. I have started the low carb diet, exercising and monitoring my blood. I feel positive about the future as I can already see some results. If I hadn't come across this site with no info from the surgery I guess things would have just deteriorated.