Rheumatoid Arthritis

Peppergirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning

Over the years I've had various aches and pains, sore wrists which come and go, a knee that clicks, my left hand that I couldn't make a fist and now can, but now with clicky bones...

Over the last week my right hand has been sore and stiff when I wake up, it doesn't go away, but I can eventually move it, with pain. From yesterday it is now really swollen.

As I've got my BG under control now, for the obvious reasons and also so I know what i'm like with near normal ish BGs and can therefore hopefully identify anything that's not diabetes related, as I've tended to assume everything is related to type 1 and ignore it, I am looking for a reason for why my hand has flared up. Does this sound like arthritis? I'm going to the GP ASAP but I want an idea of what it could be. This time the GP can't blame diabetes and warn me to control it.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi Peppergirl, if your hand is painful and swollen it would suggest that it may be sprained or even a fracture perhaps or possibly an infection either way the best thing to do would be see your GP at the earliest available appointment and if it gets any worse perhaps go to your local minor injuries unit or urgent care centre depending on your local set up, in other words A&E lite...

But hopefully the swelling will be going down by tomorrow and you will be feeling more yourself.

Best wishes and get well soon.

Reactions: Peppergirl