Ringing in ears

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
cant remember if I've asked this before does anyone else getting ringing in the ears when their bs is low if my bs drops below 4.2 ish and lower my ears have me almost banging my head against a wall and it lasts longer than the lower sugar if anyone has this how do they deal with it?
And also I have another question my test meters all say no codeing so I'm presuming older meters needed codeing? And what did that involve
Thank you very much in advance
Hope everyone has a peaceful evening
Jan

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I do get ringing in my ears, but not connected it with low bs more often its if my sugars are high. I deal with it by putting on headphones and listen to music.. seems to work for me. As 4 is the lowest you would ever want to go, I would suggest you try to stay in the low 5's
Code free meters are just not needing you to add a code into. Nothing more than that.. with the code meters you just had to put a number code in to make it work.

Reactions: Debzz_

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for your reply I will try headphones it's got to be better than sticking my fingers in my ears and singing
Thanks again
Jan

AlaskaRon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not Having Pizza!
no ringing but I have problems seeing when my bs is low. I see small dark clouds like when you stand up to fast. I can always tell if I am low.

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
My ears ring when my levels go high - when I was unwell just before my diagnosis it drove me nuts . Thankfully all ok at the mo

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for replying it amazes me how different folk have such different reactions to high or low bs levels but thinking back my bodies reaction can vary form day to day I guess diabetes which ever form people have is always very complex
Have a great day
Jan

Reactions: Debzz_

AlaskaRon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not Having Pizza!
Before I was diagnosed after a meal I would feel sick you stomach when my b.s. would be high. Didn't know at the time that's what it was but it stopped after I started taking med's. I almost didn't want to eat because I didn't want to feel sick.

I remember once at work chewing gum and feeling really bad. My bs must have really been high!