Robbie

Sobo82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Can’t believe it only just realised what has happened he was the first to greet me on my first post such sad news RIP Robbie always had time to comment and guide others even tho going through so much yourself thoughts with your family

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
RIP Robbie, we will miss you! I always looked forward to seeing Robbie's and Mrs Swan's posts, I just can't believe he's gone :( Thanks Antje for making this thread, I have been thinking about him a lot and I think it's important to be able to talk about it with the others here. I knew his control wasn't that good but I never would have expected him to die of diabetes - he was newly diagnosed and he had been making an effort! If he could survive those terrible hypos he had then surely he could survive anything. I woke up and got on the forum and read that Robbie had died. The previous night was very scary for me - I only got a couple of hours sleep because I just could not get my blood sugar up no matter what. Then I saw Mrs Robbie's post, and I felt guilty I had somehow survived my bad night, but Robbie hadn't survived his. I know it's a really stupid thing to think but I guess people aren't always logical when things like this happen. It also made me think how easy it is for a T1 to die, even someone who works hard to control their diabetes.

Beverly, if you are reading this, I want to say I am very sorry to hear he has gone, and that I will follow your advice. I always have, and always will, give my diabetes my very best effort and I will never give up!

Mrsrobbieswan

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank you so much for all your comments. We are flying off to the Black Forest in Germany tomorrow as that was his wish as where he is to be buried. There is only 2 cemeteries there so we had a guess as to which one. Thank you group for all your support. If Robbie helped just one person it was all worthwhile.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Those feelings have touched us all at some point .... and to varying degrees.

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
We will miss both of you. Take your time, grieving is long process and please know that you both helped many people on the forum with your story and battles with diabetes. Take care.

Reactions: Prem51

Mrsrobbieswan

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have had so many messages offering financial support. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I am hard wired not to accept charity. Conceited, stubborn, arrogant, maybe, but we are a giving family. Please donate an amount to a charity of your choice in Robbie's name if you wish to do so. That would really please me more. Thank you. I love you all.