Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi guys -

Just to let you know that we're rolling out moderators through the next 7 days.

The first moderator to be announced is: Funky Mum!

We'll be rolling out some more moderators (global and sub-forum) over the next week - and we'll do that here.

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Welcome aboard funky mum :)

I notice that all mod's will now be green?

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yep, mods are green so that it's obvious as soon as you log in who's a mod and who isn't.

We'll also be putting in a 'reputation' system whereby your colour changes the more posts you make - although we're still finalising that!

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Will we be colour coded .Positive post red .Negative posts blue (only joking) :D
CAROL

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Best of luck to you, Funky Mum. :D

Don't forget - with great power comes great responsibility (that's from Spider-Man) :lol:

Admin said:
We'll also be putting in a 'reputation' system whereby your colour changes the more posts you make - although we're still finalising that!

Uh-oh... The "Word Association" thread is gonna take a bashing! :twisted:

Other forums I've been on have "Reputation" buttons on posts (usually a thums up, and a thumbs down). You can agree, or disagree with a persons posts.

Don't know how that would work around here... :wink:

Funky Mum

Thanks for your welcomes!

If I can be of any help to anyone please feel free to send me a pm and I'll do my best :D

Unbeliever

I am not at all keen on those "judgemental" things like thumbs up . thumbs down or "judge i!"PP
What does it mean? Particu;arly on a forum such as this it would just confuse people.

If you disagree with a post then surely it is better to say so with reasons , so yhat others can make up their own minds and hopefully, we will all learn something.

I have seen those things in action and often they are no more han anonymous popularity contests.

I should hate to see them here. The stakes are higher.

ebony321

Dislikes
Administrator said:
Yep, mods are green so that it's obvious as soon as you log in who's a mod and who isn't.

Wouldn't that be confusing as everyone will be different colours?

You could put icons or something instead? start with something small like a worm :lol: then you evolve to superman, but with a D his chest instead :wink:

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Luck Funky Mum :D

ebony321 said:
Wouldn't that be confusing as everyone will be different colours?

Totally agree - like the little pic idea :D
Unbeliever said:
I am not at all keen on those "judgemental" things like thumbs up . thumbs down or "judge i!"PP
What does it mean? Particu;arly on a forum such as this it would just confuse people.

If you disagree with a post then surely it is better to say so with reasons , so yhat others can make up their own minds and hopefully, we will all learn something.

I have seen those things in action and often they are no more han anonymous popularity contests.

I should hate to see them here. The stakes are higher.

Agree with all this too
Patch said:
Uh-oh... The "Word Association" thread is gonna take a bashing!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Patch I can always rely on you to make me laugh!

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Welcome Funky Mum :)

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Administrator said:

Can I make a suggestion? Don't do it!! Add the "reputation" feature that is..

It is available on other forums I use (I chose to turn mine off :D ) and they really are pointless. Just because someone posts all the time doesn't necessarily mean they are more knowledgable, it just means that they like to post!

The avatars are a bit of fun and an ideal way of personalising if that's what is wanted but stuff like "reputations" are a waste of time and just clutter up the forum.

Just MHO 8)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Administrator said:

I don't really like that idea - I'd prefer that all members have equal status.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
OK guys, reputation idea is off! We were just planning to give users a number of stars based on the number of posts they made (and/or change colour). If you guys don't want it - we won't have it!

In other news, please welcome our second moderator - louiseb. She will be focussing on the General Chat forum + Type 2 Forum.

Welcome, louiseb!

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Welcome Louise :)

ebony321

Dislikes
Welcome louise :)

you didn't mention if funky mum was assigned to a particular forum?

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Funky mum and louiseb are both global mods - but louiseb has experience with type 2 so we thought we'd ask her to look more closely at that forum. There's no specificity, really - it's just attempting to use members' skillsets within the sub-forums of the site! :)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hiya, welcome to your new 'job' and us all funkymum, looking forward to your help ideas n input. Mr administrator I love the avatars idea but have to agree with others to reputation highlighting with different colur code regulars posting DOES create an them n us who might not be on here as often best to keep us all equal n united as the same, keep new ideas simple thoughtful effective with us all remaining equal and united in one cause way and function. We all need each other n are here united living daily with diabetes. Anna.x :D