Rolling out of new moderators

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Administrator said:
The idea is to have a team who can then be unbiased and impartial!

Interesting comment ?

mehdave

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rubbish doctors who dont listen. Unclean hospitals
Thought you and sue had left?

10-12 gives a larger opinion base and allows for a more accurate decisions based on the opinion of more than a few people. So is therefore more unbiased and impartial really.

Welcome anna29 :p

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
mehdave said:
10-12 gives a larger opinion base and allows for a more accurate decisions based on the opinion of more than a few people. So is therefore more unbiased and impartial really.

On most forums the mods work to a laid down criteria not to their own view of things and I doubt that the mods here will be making decisions based on their own opinions, or outside the forum conditions. It would be a total free for all if some mods allowed swearing say and others allowed sexism or racist comments, surely all mods should be unbiased but still work to a formula.

Any way, welcome Anna29, Ive always liked you :D

Always pays to toady up to a new mod :lol:

C

catherinecherub

Someone here once described a Moderator's job as a poison chalice. :roll: :roll:

Welcome Anna. :lol:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Mehdave
Rumours of our demise are premature and we never said we were off ? Certain people just assumed that - we are both taking a well earned holiday after all the **** we had to put up with on here from various quarters over the years and more recently ! We think we deserve a break.

As for 8-12 mods !
Ever hear the saying about too many cooks etc !!! We wish them luck .......

CC
I remember the poisoned chalice comment - it sure was. Sometimes the poison comes from unexpected quarters as well, just when you least expect it ! Ca la vie ......
It isn't our problem anymore, thank god. The amount of stress that Sue and I have had to endure recently because of the actions of certain people wasn't doing either of us any favours, at least now we don't get people telling us how to word our posts - mind you I have been edited a time or two for some very strange reasons ?

However, I'm sure Benny and whoever the Admin is knows what they are doing and the forum is in safe hands ......

Nice sunny day here - off out. Make the most of the holiday !

Ttfn.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hiya, everyone. Many thanks for your welcomes, am here to help, support , assist, guide, and a positive contribution to you all. Also I wish to still learn something new every day here on this fantastic forum as it has been an invaluable help and support to me in my own journey with diabetes. I personally dont see myself with any promotion, its the contributing angle I much prefer to be a part off. I dont work full time so wish to use my time to help, support others and learn alongside with you all. With the future moderating team coming along I feel it can be very productive with more angles,wide and various experienced moderating team, where collectively between the team [figure of speech] we can offer a good supportive structure between us all. We will be working as a team and not as soloists supporting everyone. We arnt perfect and dont come with a diabetes manual/guide either. Its all a freely given offer of support and genuine help. Thank you all for your warm welcomes too much appreciated and accepted. Anna.x :D

Unbeliever

Sid Bonkers said:
[quote="mehdave

On most forums the mods work to a laid down criteria not to their own view of things and I doubt that the mods here will be making decisions based on their own opinions, or outside the forum conditions. It would be a total free for all if some mods allowed swearing say and others allowed sexism or racist comments, surely all mods should be unbiased but still work to a formu
Any way, welcome Anna29, Ive always liked you :D

Always pays to toady up to a new mod :lol:

Exactly, Sid. I had visions of "The Twelve" consulting each other over every post and perhaps voting on a suitable response :D

I too would like to join in welcoming Anna. She will be great with/for the new members.

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
Just trying to think of the name of that famous bloke who had a team of 12 and was thought to have done a lot of good in a lot of peoples eyes-oh his fans worship him!

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
Ah come to think of it he died in the end (sorry if I spoilt the ending for those who aint read the book) so maybe it wasn't a good example

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Never been away, just giving the old fingers a rest ! Kept well away from the PC and just popped in by phone once in a while. I would love to know who started the rumour we had gone - must have nothing better to do !

Still sunny so the forum can wait for now.

Ken :D

mehdave

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rubbish doctors who dont listen. Unclean hospitals
I didn't get it from a rumour It seemed that way from all the moaning then the thread from sue sounded like a cya thread. Clearly my bad for interpreting wrong.

Unbeliever

Gappy said:
Just trying to think of the name of that famous bloke who had a team of 12 and was thought to have done a lot of good in a lot of peoples eyes-oh his fans worship him!

Psychic Gappy? You read my mind!

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Or many hands make light work?

You cant expect just few to sit here 24/7 policing the site
Ok thats what we had and two had to take all the flack ,
Still have to sleep eat fart ,go to the toilet, Have a life ?

I think its a good thing with a mod looking after one section With some over spill.
..to cover for off days or High days ,or when they have just handed in the towel.or pushed ,
we are not then left high and dry.

Some sections have little traffic would be a easy number for someone with less time , still like to help out?

Bob

Hobnoblin

I think the best thing we can do for the new mods is to not keep harping back to the past, or by bringing whatever nonsense is posted elsewhere back to this forum time and again. A line needs to be drawn. The new mods need a fair crack at the whip, we can help them in that by concentrating on discussions that take place here rather than past events or stuff that may or may not be happening elsewhere. At times it feels like a siege mentality on here,everyone is so paranoid! Perhaps the endless bickering too important for some people?

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hobnoblin, agreed! Can we please stick to the topic - new mods!

And on that note... can we all say a big fat hello to our new mod: ClaireG 06!

ClaireG 06

I've just been made green to :D Bare with me whilst i try and get the hang of things please. I've been a type 2 for approx 4 years and have just started insulin. If i can be of any help to anyone please feel free to Pm me :)