Running 1 Mile a Day Throughout March?

nickoedwards

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We did this in the days leading up to Christmas at my local triathlon club. Anyone fancy doing it throughout March?

The rules are simple, run a minimum of 1 mile a day, everyday in March. Of course you can run more than 1 mile if you'd like, as long as you're running everyday.

Proof would be preferable via GPS / Strava etc. But if you've not got a running watch I'm sure others will let it slide and still support you!

Last edited:

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm up for it, @nickoedwards !

Am doing a 10k in April and hope to soon be back doing 3 runs per week of around 5k each - I'm nursing a foot niggle at the moment so am only swimming at the moment.

But I'd love some motivation and accountability to get me out there EVERY day, and I think my foot will be cooperating by the start of March!

Not in a position to upload data as proof but I promise not to fib.....

Do you still do your mile a day, @KevinPotts ?

:)

Reactions: Prem51

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Snapsy. Do you really expect us to believe you'll run 1 mile every day in March?
I believe that by the 9th March you'll be doing 1 mile plus a little bit extra, and come the end of the month 2 miles a day.
You're just to competitive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):)
Hope the foot is feeling better.
Good luck for March.

Reactions: Prem51 and mist

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
My daughter's school make them all (staff included) do a mile a day.
I hate running (but do it at least twice a week) can I promise to walk a mile day

Reactions: Prem51 and Snapsy

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Snapsy. Do you really expect us to believe you'll run 1 mile every day in March?
Weeeeeeeeeell I was kinda thinking it would make me run a mile a day on the days I'm not already running........... :joyful:

At the moment I'm running 0 miles a day but oh boy I'm swimming lots every weekday in an effort to sustain fitness while my foot gets better. Am having another treatment with the magician* this evening, so we'll see.

*osteopath

M

mist

Count me in ;)

How do we provide proof? Share a screenshot or something of our route?

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Might be starting the March Mile on the treadmill rather than outside - my foot is much improved and my osteopath says I can now run again but not on hard surfaces yet!

Still, that makes mileage easy to measure!

:happy:

wendypollock

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I could really do with committing to this... 2 years ago I was running 3 miles daily, but haven't run for about 18 months now. I've put on a whopping 4 stone and lost control of my diabetes. Now is the time to take action... App reinstalled and group joined... ready to accept all the motivation that can be sent my way!! Thank you x

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning @nickoedwards !

Swam this morning so am saving my mile for later. Have a good run!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(No to the carbing up, in my case - I run on fat!)

nickoedwards

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was a difficult start. The rain was sideways, the temperature low, it wasn't a pretty run and my GPS froze. But, Scouts Honor, I ran 5km-ish.

Reactions: Snapsy

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This is my report of yesterday's mile! Had a 25-min bike ride to warm up, and because I'd run quite hard the day before (and I'm recovering from a foot injury) I did JUST the prescribed mile, plus the treadmill's own automatic 5-min cooldown.

To be honest I'm all over the place at the moment, so I'm not really sure what I'll be doing today - but I hope to do my mile. Maybe!

As you can see, the view was of the gym car park. Nice.

File_000.jpeg