Running 1 Mile a Day Throughout March?

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey @Snapsy . That's a fancy looking treadmill. Obviously the council run gym I use is in serious need of some new kit.
:meh::meh::meh:

Reactions: Snapsy

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
They've just replaced all their equipment, and it's all very la-di-dah now! That's their excuse for putting their rates up........

Tried out one of their new cross trainers to warm up on today, then did just over 20 mins on the treadmill, of which 13 mins was running. Total just over 2.5km, so that's (at least!) today's mile accomplished. Not a squeak out of my dodgy foot so far - yaaaaaay!

This is a really useful task just at the right time, this running every day lark - I'm absolutely climbing the walls at the moment due to an overmedication issue which is I hope in the process of calming down, and all this exercise is really helping me to stabilise my erratic moods. And for that I thank you, @nickoedwards !

:):):)

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi folks, hope all's well with the mad March milers.....!

I've managed (at least) a mile a day - today was the first time actually outside in actual real life that I've run since January (had been treadmilling while my foot injury repaired itself).

So as not to put myself - not to mention my newly-awakened-under-the-strain knee cartilage - under too much pressure, @nickoedwards , this mile a day thing might need to be cumulative (i.e. a total of 31 miles in March, rather than a mile a day in March).

:)

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Tired Snapsy has not and will not be running today's mile.

That is all.....

:arghh:

All well, just been overdoing it. For a change. Two miles tomorrow!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
10/10 for honesty @Snapsy . 2 miles tomorrow is ok with me. ( I'm not actually doing the challenge).
Don't go injuring yourself.

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
I missed this and it's probably a good idea. I have previously done a minimum 5k a day for a month. I forgot to stop and I think I got to 144 days before a none running injury stopped me.

Just getting back into it and running 3 sometimes 4 times a week but I think every day would be a bit much yet (still sorting muscle wastage out after 7 months of casts, nearly there.).

I will look out for the next one