Saxagliptin

Willg

I’ve been diagnosed with type 2 for 2 years but am new to the site.
I would like to ask if anybody has been prescribed saxagliptin 5 mg with dapagliflozin 10mg. I have heard bad reports on saxagliptin such as it could raise your risk of cancer.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have been prescribed another inhibitor called sitagliptin. The wife has been prescribed saxagliptin and have just read about the likelihood of cancer as a side effect.
It says it's possible, but if have good control and get your blood glucose levels down to manageable levels then the meds will become unnecessary.
Apparently because of the high bloods and not getting control is the reason my wife is on them. She is trying to get near normal levels but it is difficult!
Read about control and how to lower your carbs and sugars on the forum. Convince your GP that you can do this when you are in control. And the worry will go away.
Is there any other reason other than your T2 for being on the meds?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The wife struggles with diet and pain and needs to get hers down. So far so good since taking them. Much better and feeling better. And she has lost a few sounds as well! I would imagine that not getting in control and the certainty of complications outweigh the risk of 'maybe' getting cancer.
I know what I would choose!!