ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My brother has had stents put in on his angiogram .. I had the full by pass op .. it depends where and how bad your blockage is .. if you have a blockage at all... I had had a few heart attacks before my by pass op .. Do please call an ambulance if your chest pain gets worst .. (I had unstable angina, so got the chest pain when resting as well as on activity) don't do what I did and leave it .. now have a lot of damage to my heart .. but 25+ years on I am still here .. still just as ugly .. and since low carb.. in the best health I have been for many years.
I won't leave it @Enclave .
I'll see what he proposes in consultation.
I need to be back up 100% . ASAP.

Reactions: Enclave

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @tigerlily72 how are things?

Received an update after ct angiogram failed due to my heart rate being too high.
I'm to see cardiologist before a conventional angiogram is to be considered, maybe meds etc... instead?
The affected part of my heart is the Left Anterior Desending Artery. If it gets totally blocked its fatal.
He will be asking how I'm getting on and if chest pains still occuring.
I'm on tramadol for pain now so luckily I'm pain free.
Bisoprolol, cause of breathlessness (asthma) I feel so may ask if another drug more asthma friendly is available.
Still scared with regards to needing intervention but more scared if nothing done!

I need an emoticon for a BIG hug. Sorry to hear this - hopefully they can treat with meds? It is scary and you do worry as it's human nature. But yes, I quite agree, more scary to do nothing! I'm crossing everything for you. I posted in another thread to update this so apologies you missed it - I think I may have called it "Matters of the Heart".

Anyway, my echocardiogram went well and thankfully I had a lovely female operator who talked me through exactly what she was doing. But not knowing totally what to expect and thinking my boobs would be on display, I booted the young male student out! But I was partially covered so he could have stayed.

I got the letter and report from the cardiologist at the centre within 4 days and have also seen my own Dr today. I have "mild concentric Left Ventricular Hypertrophy" - caused by high blood pressure. My systolic function was normal / good and I think my right side was "preserved". This basically means the RH side was working as it should. My Dr has said I have nothing to worry about, although she did recommended (nicely and not in a patronising tone) for me to lose weight. Well, I've already started on my new healthy diet and hubby who's also type 2 is back on-board too. Today marks 5 days of not eating bread and drastically reducing carbs. The fridge is stocked with fresh veg and fruit instead of processed foods. I saw a different Dr last week for a review of BP meds and am now taking a diuretic. I also got a referral letter for Slimming World and my pack arrived in the post today. So, I will hopefully be starting that next week to make sure I stay motivated.

I also have issues with a tingling and stinging sensation under the skin that's been getting rapidly worse. I'm on gabapentin and she's increased my doseage of this and referred me to a neurologist now. I did think it might be connected to the heart related issues but she didn't seem to think it was. Ah well, here I go again. Thank God for our NHS, Drs, Nurses, HCA's etc!

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Tigerlily

Tingling & stinging....could it be neuropathy? Has anyone mentioned this as a possibility? Anyway, glad all else seems to be OK.

Remember the old Mark Twain quote - "In life, I have worried about many things - most of which never happened..."

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Tigerlily

Tingling & stinging....could it be neuropathy? Has anyone mentioned this as a possibility? Anyway, glad all else seems to be OK.

Remember the old Mark Twain quote - "In life, I have worried about many things - most of which never happened..."

My Dr, when she originally prescribed the gabapentin thought it might be nerve pain or a compressed nerve as it started with one of my legs (below the knee). I'm diet only and as far as I understand and have been told, my HbA1c is within acceptable levels. I feel it may not be diabetes related and am looking for answers as it's getting me down now as it's progressed. I've taken 2 of my gabapentin tonight (so 2x 300mg) which has just about numbed the worst of it.

Deespee23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi again TL - I too am T2 diet controlled but I do suffer from very slight numbness on the sole of my right foot...I use alpha lipoic acid and a methyl B12 supplement which seems to keep things in check. Worth giving it a try?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi again TL - I too am T2 diet controlled but I do suffer from very slight numbness on the sole of my right foot...I use alpha lipoic acid and a methyl B12 supplement which seems to keep things in check. Worth giving it a try?
I agree @tigerlily72 r-ala is good.

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've seen alpha Lipoic Acid mentioned on a couple of threads. I've had a look on Amazon but will "hang fire" I think until I've seen a neurologist.