Science and all that jazz

primmers

I'm on my holidays and catching up with a bit of reading. The two books I've got on the go at the mo are John Yudkin's Pure White and Deadly and Nina Teicholz The Big Fat Surprise.
Both look at the evidence base for today's healthy eating advice, which isn't nearly as robust as you'd like to hope given that the lives of the general population are potentially threatened if the advice is wrong. Yudkin is now dead, his book looks at how epidemiology supports the proposition that fat is not the real enemy. It was written some years ago but it is very well written and he was certainly qualified to say what he said. Teicholz argues for a return to a traditional diet rich in animal fats. I'm a vegetarian on an ethical basis and don't plan to change that any time soon, but I have to say I think there's a lot in what she says.
Anyone else read 'em? What did you think?

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi. Am aware of them ( its a shame that Yudkin lost the public health battke to Ancel Keyes( and you have reminded ne to read Nina Teicholz. If you fancy something similar Denise Mingers Death by Food Pyramid is well written by an ex vegan plus The Vegetarian Myth ( vegan discovering that being veggie is not necessarily ethical or heakthy( ciould be interesting.m for you Both on Audible x