Sd codefree

Smelen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thinking of getting a meter and I see lot's of you have the codefree meter. But looked on amazon and quiet a lot of negative comments on inaccurate reading..what do people think of this meter here?

Reactions: Liam1955

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally I have found it to be fine... as I don't take any meds I don't need to protect against hypo's so use it to check the general levels of my blood sugars. Also the fact that there are 10 times as many 5 star reviews as there are 1 star reviews might indicate its ok..

Reactions: Liam1955 and KezG

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All meters get bad and good reviews. They all have to conform to the same same accuracy standards before they can be marketed. I use the Codefree and have done for well over 2 years. Yes, you get an odd rogue reading, and sometimes a whole pot of tubs can be variable, but these aren't general. I think it is a good little meter, and as I use a lot of test strips I appreciate the small cost compared with other meter strips.

Kenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thinking of getting a meter and I see lot's of you have the codefree meter. But looked on amazon and quiet a lot of negative comments on inaccurate reading..what do people think of this meter here?

Hi, I recently bought this meter but not from Amazon but from the Diabetes UK shop. I have no problem with it am happy with it. It also has PC connectivity which is very useful to have. I have`nt had any problems with inaccurate readings, but then, I have only taken 4 readings on it so far Kenny

Reactions: Liam1955 and Smelen

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
I bought my SD Codefree on Amazon and am very happy with it. One thing I have read on occasion within these forums is that the Codefree tends to read slightly on the high side, but I have tested it against another brand of meter and the readings are pretty much the same.

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
Hi I use the codefree got mine from eBay good price for starter kit and strips ,lancets ,
Never had any problems with it only had to change the battery lately but a good reliable
Piece of kit

Reactions: Liam1955

Voodoorising

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a codefree and have been diagnosed since September 2016, i did manage to also get a meter from my diabetic nurse a Nexus and there is next to nothing between them for readings. I tend to use the codefree over the Nexus as i am monitored to the number to the number of test strips i use.

For the price you cant really go wrong with it.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just got my code free today - bought it on the advice of people here. Took me a while to figure it out (went through several test strips and lancets before I got a reading - partly doing it wrong and partly not getting enough blood!). Nothing to compare it against but once I sorted things out, it is easy to use.

Reactions: bigjim19