1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum slowness issues have been logged and are being investigated! App users seem to be unaffected. Thanks for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Sd codefree

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by Smelen, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Smelen

Smelen Type 2 · New Member

Thinking of getting a meter and I see lot's of you have the codefree meter. But looked on amazon and quiet a lot of negative comments on inaccurate reading..what do people think of this meter here?

• Like Like x 1
  2. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Personally I have found it to be fine... as I don't take any meds I don't need to protect against hypo's so use it to check the general levels of my blood sugars. Also the fact that there are 10 times as many 5 star reviews as there are 1 star reviews might indicate its ok..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

All meters get bad and good reviews. They all have to conform to the same same accuracy standards before they can be marketed. I use the Codefree and have done for well over 2 years. Yes, you get an odd rogue reading, and sometimes a whole pot of tubs can be variable, but these aren't general. I think it is a good little meter, and as I use a lot of test strips I appreciate the small cost compared with other meter strips.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Kenny3

Kenny3 Type 2 · Member

Hi, I recently bought this meter but not from Amazon but from the Diabetes UK shop. I have no problem with it am happy with it. It also has PC connectivity which is very useful to have. I have`nt had any problems with inaccurate readings, but then, I have only taken 4 readings on it so far Kenny

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tabbyjoolz

Tabbyjoolz Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I bought my SD Codefree on Amazon and am very happy with it. One thing I have read on occasion within these forums is that the Codefree tends to read slightly on the high side, but I have tested it against another brand of meter and the readings are pretty much the same.

• Like Like x 2
  6. bigjim19

bigjim19 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi I use the codefree got mine from eBay good price for starter kit and strips ,lancets ,
    Never had any problems with it only had to change the battery lately but a good reliable
    Piece of kit

• Like Like x 1
  7. Voodoorising

Voodoorising Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have a codefree and have been diagnosed since September 2016, i did manage to also get a meter from my diabetic nurse a Nexus and there is next to nothing between them for readings. I tend to use the codefree over the Nexus as i am monitored to the number to the number of test strips i use.

For the price you cant really go wrong with it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I just got my code free today - bought it on the advice of people here. Took me a while to figure it out (went through several test strips and lancets before I got a reading - partly doing it wrong and partly not getting enough blood!). Nothing to compare it against but once I sorted things out, it is easy to use.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook