1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Sd codefree

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by Smelen, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Smelen

Smelen Type 2 · New Member

Thinking of getting a meter and I see lot's of you have the codefree meter. But looked on amazon and quiet a lot of negative comments on inaccurate reading..what do people think of this meter here?

• Like Like x 1
  2. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Personally I have found it to be fine... as I don't take any meds I don't need to protect against hypo's so use it to check the general levels of my blood sugars. Also the fact that there are 10 times as many 5 star reviews as there are 1 star reviews might indicate its ok..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

All meters get bad and good reviews. They all have to conform to the same same accuracy standards before they can be marketed. I use the Codefree and have done for well over 2 years. Yes, you get an odd rogue reading, and sometimes a whole pot of tubs can be variable, but these aren't general. I think it is a good little meter, and as I use a lot of test strips I appreciate the small cost compared with other meter strips.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Kenny3

Kenny3 Type 2 · Member

Hi, I recently bought this meter but not from Amazon but from the Diabetes UK shop. I have no problem with it am happy with it. It also has PC connectivity which is very useful to have. I have`nt had any problems with inaccurate readings, but then, I have only taken 4 readings on it so far Kenny

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tabbyjoolz

Tabbyjoolz Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I bought my SD Codefree on Amazon and am very happy with it. One thing I have read on occasion within these forums is that the Codefree tends to read slightly on the high side, but I have tested it against another brand of meter and the readings are pretty much the same.

• Like Like x 2
  6. bigjim19

bigjim19 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi I use the codefree got mine from eBay good price for starter kit and strips ,lancets ,
    Never had any problems with it only had to change the battery lately but a good reliable
    Piece of kit

• Like Like x 1
  7. Voodoorising

Voodoorising Type 2 · Active Member

I have a codefree and have been diagnosed since September 2016, i did manage to also get a meter from my diabetic nurse a Nexus and there is next to nothing between them for readings. I tend to use the codefree over the Nexus as i am monitored to the number to the number of test strips i use.

For the price you cant really go wrong with it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · New Member

I just got my code free today - bought it on the advice of people here. Took me a while to figure it out (went through several test strips and lancets before I got a reading - partly doing it wrong and partly not getting enough blood!). Nothing to compare it against but once I sorted things out, it is easy to use.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook