Second hyper in a long time!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yesterday I did something that caused my liver to give me a boost.

I overdid the lifting that our team was doing.
The liver responded and I felt wobbly and got a headache and I knew I was having a hyper!

I had a sit down and took my bloods and it was 7.1, retested, 7.2!

After a drink of water, I walked around for about ten minutes and had a small piece of cooked chicken.
Was capable of continuing work but was not right all day!

Much better today!

Won't do that again! (I hope!)

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday I did something that caused my liver to give me a boost.

I overdid the lifting that our team was doing.
The liver responded and I felt wobbly and got a headache and I knew I was having a hyper!

I had a sit down and took my bloods and it was 7.1, retested, 7.2!

After a drink of water, I walked around for about ten minutes and had a small piece of cooked chicken.
Was capable of continuing work but was not right all day!

Much better today!

Won't do that again! (I hope!)
I wish my bouts of fasting hyperglycemia were just 0.2mmol/l above the definition value...

Hope you're feeling better today @Lamont D:)

Reactions: Lamont D
Sorry to hear that you had a hiccup with your BG management Lamont. RH can be a pain in the rear end sometimes. I myself hypoed the day after you, post consumption of the wrong thing (for my body) and I'm still feeling a bit @&£!?£!tty today - I feel like I've been poisoned and I'm trying to steady myself among this confusion as a lot seems to be going awry today (beginning of a milder hypo hell). A diet that was given to me by a relative, despite this (it's an interesting take on the LCHF diet) had a healing effect on my body when I practiced it earlier this year in combination with my exercise requirements (strictly walking only) and after a week or so on it was able to take liberties (not recommended - this was an experiment) with food groups and heavier exercise for a few days, which would have sent me into meltdown for the next 4-5 days previously. I'm going back on it today; it requires you to measure your food so there's an inconvenience there with the need to plan meals. I'm in no doubt that food can somewhat reverse RH and despite only managing to increase my body's tolerance for a few days, have read books claiming that it is possible to reverse RH to to point where the body's tolerance to carbs (be they from diet or the liver) can be extended to several months. Due to individual differences, I don't know if it will work with you as it does utilise some carbs. I have also heard that mulberries can prevent hypers and hypos thus increasing carb tolerance, although I haven't yet tried this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Sorry to hear that you had a hiccup with your BG management Lamont. RH can be a pain in the rear end sometimes. I myself hypoed the day after you, post consumption of the wrong thing (for my body) and I'm still feeling a bit @&£!?£!tty today - I feel like I've been poisoned and I'm trying to steady myself among this confusion as a lot seems to be going awry today (beginning of a milder hypo hell). A diet that was given to me by a relative, despite this (it's an interesting take on the LCHF diet) had a healing effect on my body when I practiced it earlier this year in combination with my exercise requirements (strictly walking only) and after a week or so on it was able to take liberties (not recommended - this was an experiment) with food groups and heavier exercise for a few days, which would have sent me into meltdown for the next 4-5 days previously. I'm going back on it today; it requires you to measure your food so there's an inconvenience there with the need to plan meals. I'm in no doubt that food can somewhat reverse RH and despite only managing to increase my body's tolerance for a few days, have read books claiming that it is possible to reverse RH to to point where the body's tolerance to carbs (be they from diet or the liver) can be extended to several months. Due to individual differences, I don't know if it will work with you as it does utilise some carbs. I have also heard that mulberries can prevent hypers and hypos thus increasing carb tolerance, although I haven't yet tried this.

Hi @ChasingR@inbows
Welcome to our forum.
What a great username!
Yeah, I'm fine now.

If you have read my posts and blogs, you will find that I don't believe there is a cure, a pill that will help with the symptoms and how to treat RH.
There is a thought by those Lon here that I follow that it is food that causes all the problems.
We have a intolerance to certain foods.
It is simply having an allergy.
Our blood glucose and the imbalance of our hormones through initial digestion through to insulin response and excessive insulin in our blood is an allergy (of sorts) to certain foods, mainly carbs and sugars.
Though the tolerance levels will be different for everyone, it is avoidance of these foods that gives us better health and feeling good!
We are different, we are not normal, we have a rare condition that there is not much research, all medical practitioners, are believing that we need glucose and glucagon, we don't!
I and others have proven this. With success!
Why would you eat something that makes you ill?
Because it is healthy?
Well, guess what? Not for us!

Please do read our forum and have a look at our advice.
We are here because the usual dietary advice doesn't work!
Very low carb does work and intermittent fasting helps as well.

We are weird and a weird approach works!

That's why I knew I was not in control!

Best wishes