Self monitoring.

• Thread starter catherinecherub
  • Start Date
C

catherinecherub

For any Type 2 who is refused test strips please read this research document.

Nowhere does it say that you shouldn't be refused them but explains the advantages and disadvantages. Might be worth printing off the relevant parts and taking it to your G.P. If you are using them to educate yourself and improve your blood sugars then I cannot see anything in the report that says you shouldn't be allowed them.

Whilst we are all proactive here it has to be said that there are patients who do not want to monitor because of the psychological effects of their numbers, some find the procedure invasive and painful, some do not have a clue as to how to interpret the results and some HCP's do not want to be involved. :( :( :( :( All this is highlighted in the report.

http://www.diabetes.nhs.uk/news.php?id=171 It is a PDF document.

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hi Catherine

You are so right about those who don't want to know! I have one particular friend who is aware that I was diagnosed with T2 last autumn and has been actually hostile when she found out that I had managed to get my numbers down really quickly and easily.

She is really frightened by it all and says that she will just carry on as she is because she is fine. 'Fine' seems to mean skin problems, foot problems and heart problems! :shock:

She likes her slice of cake with her coffee/tea mid morning and afternoon and has "been told that she can have what she likes." :roll: Yeah, right! :roll:

I find it difficult to understand how people can be so frightened but so unwilling to help themselves - but it is so. :shock: