Self sabatage

lindiloo62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Can anyone explain why I do this to myself ...I love low carb eating and feel great when I'm on it ..Then I go through a time when I eat for England. ..why can't I stay on track???

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Can anyone explain why I do this to myself ...I love low carb eating and feel great when I'm on it ..Then I go through a time when I eat for England. ..why can't I stay on track???
You may be overlooking a carb or too much protein which gives you carb or in my case protein cravings.
Have you replaced your carbs for protein? I did in error and craved protein feasts.

Have a look at what your craving in these times of eating for England. Normally the craving is the item of problem. I've seen somewhere that allergies to certain foods work like that too.
What are you craving? Sweet foods or proteins or pastries?
Examine and eliminate from your diet, if possible.
The more potato I eat, the more I want it more, sugar too.
Because we are all different you will have to do some investigating.
Find what doesn't work, for you.
Keep up updated. :)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
We are not machines. Food is lovely, especially our favourite food. Put these episodes behind you and start again, it gets easier as time passes.

TIANDB

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hi lindiloo62. It may be a good idea to have a diet notebook to record your consumption and weight also carbs/Cals ? Maybe set yourself some doable rules to stop you going over the top write them in the front of the notebook for reminders.
Or try some lower Carb or calorie days i.e Monday , Wednesday , Friday ? Don't beat yourself up and Take care.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Don't be so hard on yourself.......keeping the carbs away is the real struggle in life as a diabetic......but you should treat yourself form time to time....

Reactions: lindiloo62

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Everyone falls off the wagon occasionally - particularly if you are an emotional eater (like most of us I'd say!). Don't beat yourself up, just take one day at a time. Think marathon not sprint!

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't feel guilty we all do it at least if we are honest we do We are only human but we are not perfect and craving something we like is natural. I don't have sweet cravings so mine is usually a jacket potato with loads of cheese and either tuna or chilli and there are times I just can't resist one