Severe tiredness at the moment. Only once I take betablocker+perindopril on a morning.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I think my blood pressure meds and tramadol is causing swollen tummy and severe tiredness.
I've taken meds at different times to eliminate which if any meds causing this.
I'm totally shattered I need to go lie down and sleep. Cannot keep my eyes open and bgs are good so not high bgs.

I'll be back later to read your responses.
I need sleep then a walk to finish school run.
I am a bit run down with sore throat and congestion but no way as bad as last yrs not being able to breath fiasco.

Last edited:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Really hope you're feeling better and have more energy. Virtual hug coming your way

Reactions: ickihun

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I think my blood pressure meds and tramadol is causing swollen tummy and severe tiredness.
I'm totally shattered I need to go lie down and sleep. Cannot keep my eyes open and bgs are good so not high bgs.

I am a bit run down with sore throat and congestion but no way as bad as last yes not behind able to breath fiasco.

Could it be a virus or flu, a heavy cold?
My throat usually gets sore first, to warn me of impending running nose and coughing and sneezing.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.

I am a bit run down with sore throat and congestion but no way as bad as last yes not behind able to breath fiasco.
Weird how you and Ron feel tired at the same time . You two were definitely seperated at birth. You are also on the same beta blocker.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm awake but hubby had to do school run. Just no energy and hardly any voice.
Hope @eldergarth is not too bad. ♡♥♡ @tina_marie
I think an early night tonight.
I had energy before taking my betablocker and perindopril then 2nd set of 2 tramadol thou. Strange.
It seems that since the early dark nights have come along my batteries are not getting recharged. Im on vitd3 so it shouldnt be that.
Betablockers and perindopril definitely making a change to my energy levels. @Daphne917 how is your hubby on betablockers? Is he very very tired?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks @Snapsy . Ive told hubby i will do tomorrow run but i'll see what energy i have. If like this morning before these meds i was ok and had enough energy. Im keeping my fingers crossed.
No coldness or shivering. Had flu jab in october.
Just tiredness so bad i cannot keep eyelids open.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Ron just flopped in bed . Slept for a couple of hours got up and is still tired. I've noticed since he's been back on dihydrocodeine the sleep apnea is back. He's also struggling to pee. He can stand there bursting but nothing coming for at least five minutes or more.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Weird how you and Ron feel tired at the same time . You two were definitely seperated at birth. You are also on the same beta blocker.
Poor Ron he has much more than me to contend with, bless him. Inhalers have made a huge difference.
I had chest pains last week but put it down to indigestion as eased with lansoprozol and gaviscon. I've ordered extra gaviscon from gp.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Ron's had what he calls a stitch feeling in his chest .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Could it be a virus or flu, a heavy cold?
My throat usually gets sore first, to warn me of impending running nose and coughing and sneezing.
I'm convinced these meds and with tramadol are draining my energy. All have similiar side affects. So i can walk i need the painkillers and so i dont have racing heart beat i need bisoprolol. Perindopril was advised by a few gps and cardiologist didnt stop or amend when blood pressure was up at a&e.
Ive taken these meds for a longtime only bisoprolol was increased last winter. No heavy chest anymore thou.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I'm convinced that Bisoprolol is causing trouble for him.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm convinced that Bisoprolol is causing trouble for him.
When i first went on 2.5mg it slowed me right down. Now on 5mg it has stopped heavy chest and aching in chest. And reduced heart beat speed, for sure.
I just hope im not getting a cocktail of drugs side affect?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
That's the problem , when your taking several medications with the same side effects it's hard to know which one is causing the trouble . Amatrypline which Ron has been on for a while can cause urine retention, it can also be caused by nerve damage.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ron just flopped in bed . Slept for a couple of hours got up and is still tired. I've noticed since he's been back on dihydrocodeine the sleep apnea is back. He's also struggling to pee. He can stand there bursting but nothing coming for at least five minutes or more.
I too suffer from sleep apnoeia, both central and obstructive. I am now using a CPAP-type ventilator at night and although I still have some "events", the number per hour varying from night to night, it is usually in single figures, whereas when I had a sleep test last May I was horrified to be told that I was having an average of 30+ per hour. No wonder I was always tired! Getting used to the mask was the main problem for me. The first one I was given really hurt my nose, but after a hard struggle I have now got the 2nd one adjusted so as to be fairly comfortable and not allow too much air to leak out. I recommend this form of treatment, but the user has to be prepared to go through a trying period getting used to it. I hope this helps.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Ron has never been tested for sleep apnea we just mentioned it to gp earlier in the year . She just gave us a sheet of info about it . Ron has had this since last year . It was only when he was seeing a cardiologist that it seemed to stop but since being back on the dihydrocodeine for the past two weeks signs of sleep apnea have started again. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen tonight . I've lost count of the sleepless nights I had .

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Been telling him to drink plenty of water .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Definitely lergies.
Cannot talk this morning. Little ones nativity today.
Off to try and sort myself out. Urgh!!!
Not well. Just cannot be bothered.

I won't let my naughty cherub down.
Must be flu!

But I did have flu jab!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Energy at mo but just about to take bisoprolol and perindopril. Let's see. Have taken 2nd set of tramadol and still OK.