Should I be worried

shesmylfie94

Hi,

Im not diagnosed. I'm 20 years old and have had issues with eating (suffered from bulimia during most of my teenage years). I have had Acanthosis Nigricans behind my neck and on my arm near my elbows ever since 13 or 14 years old but the doctor said to use cream which I've been doing but it has never reduced at all. I always get tired after eating carbs. Recently I have been having excessive thirst, extreme hunger, numbness in hands and feet and frequent urination which sometimes have a few bubbles. Should I be worried?

Thanks

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Im not diagnosed. I'm 20 years old and have had issues with eating (suffered from bulimia during most of my teenage years). I have had Acanthosis Nigricans behind my neck and on my arm near my elbows ever since 13 or 14 years old but the doctor said to use cream which I've been doing but it has never reduced at all. I always get tired after eating carbs. Recently I have been having excessive thirst, extreme hunger, numbness in hands and feet and frequent urination which sometimes have a few bubbles. Should I be worried?

Thanks
The only advice we can give you here is if you are worried then you need to see a doctor who will probably give you bloods tests to see what is going on

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
No point in worrying, your symptoms could be all sorts of things. Get checked out by your doctor. Excessive thirst and urination is a symptom of diabetes (and also a urinary tract infection which is curable with antibiotics), but even if you do have diabetes it's not the end of the world. It's very treatable. I hope you don't have diabetes but if you do there'll be plenty of help on these forums. Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
yes obviously your symptoms raise concerns. off to the doctor. there is an issue with folks with eating disorders getting or wanting to be diabetic. please take care wearehereif you need support. getting control of your eating disorder is vital for your future health.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Please see your GP. You will feel better when you know what you are dealing with. Knowledge is power!

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Those symptoms could be diabetes or may be something else. Do get it checked. A local pharmacy can usually do a spot finger-prick blood sugar check, but do see the GP if you can. Meanwhile do keep the carbs down which is good for all of us - not just diabetics.

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. Those symptoms could be diabetes or may be something else. Do get it checked. A local pharmacy can usually do a spot finger-prick blood sugar check, but do see the GP if you can. Meanwhile do keep the carbs down which is good for all of us - not just diabetics.
hi im sorry but the carb bit is not wise for people with eating disorders. it will require medical supervision. your right in general about carb cutting.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
hi im sorry but the carb bit is not wise for people with eating disorders. it will require medical supervision. your right in general about carb cutting.
Thanks. Yes, I missed that obvious point