Should i remove my Freestyle Libre sensor?

FuryG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello!
Yesterday my sensor completed 14 days from application , still 6 days left
I will say how
When i first got my Freestyle Libre starter pack , the reader had some issues and sent for replacement and the replacement arrived on 4 days
Now, just right when it completed 14 days from application , it gives very un-accurate reading and sometimes Glucose Trend Arrow not even showing!
1 hour ago after i ate a snack , i checked and it said 16.31 mmol! and when i used my Freestyle Optium to check using blood , it said 11.93 mmol , massive difference.
So the question should i remove my sensor and apply new one?
as the readings is un-accurate since it completed 14 days
Don't suggest customer support , they aren't any helpful here....

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi @FuryG
not totally understanding your topic / post ??

are you saying you inserted a new sensor then waited 8 days before activating it ??
(application +14 -6 days left = 8 days unused )

to my knowledge the sensors last 14 days ( fixed period )
if you have had a replacement -- then I would apply it immediately and start getting results ASAP off the new sensor.

FuryG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @FuryG
not totally understanding your topic / post ??

are you saying you inserted a new sensor then waited 8 days before activating it ??
(application +14 -6 days left = 8 days unused )

to my knowledge the sensors last 14 days ( fixed period )
if you have had a replacement -- then I would apply it immediately and start getting results ASAP off the new sensor.
Yes the sensor remained on my hand 8 days before the reader got replaced , then i started the sensor

Lenah_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was wondering the same thing as @himtoo. My readers always stop working at 14 days. It even counts down the hours. My instinct would be to use it until it died, just to see how long it would keep going if it wasn't stopping at 14. But I wouldn't consider it accurate and I'd probably go back to pricking while I was conducting such an experiment.

FuryG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was wondering the same thing as @himtoo. My readers always stop working at 14 days. It even counts down the hours. My instinct would be to use it until it died, just to see how long it would keep going if it wasn't stopping at 14. But I wouldn't consider it accurate and I'd probably go back to pricking while I was conducting such an experiment.
I applied the sensor when it arrived , then when i tried to start it , the reader gave me an error and its unable to activate , i sent the reader (without sensors) and then got the replacement days later (sensor was still on my hand) and i activated it and 14 days was remaining from the moment i activated it with the new reader not when i applied it on my hand. Yesterday it completed 14 days since i applied it on my hand , and it shows very un-accurate readings since yesterday

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Yesterday it completed 14 days since i applied it on my hand , and it shows very un-accurate readings since yesterday

Well I would change the sensor, there's little point in keeping it on if it's giving inaccurate readings.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I applied the sensor when it arrived , then when i tried to start it , the reader gave me an error and its unable to activate , i sent the reader (without sensors) and then got the replacement days later (sensor was still on my hand) and i activated it and 14 days was remaining from the moment i activated it with the new reader not when i applied it on my hand. Yesterday it completed 14 days since i applied it on my hand , and it shows very un-accurate readings since yesterday

Very occasionally I have found a sensor almost "gets tired" in it's final day. Not always, but sometimes. It may correct itself, so it's up to you whether you change it or stick with it until it expires.

One thing I did wonder is, you say you have the sensor on your hand? Are you not using your arm, as per the Abbott directions?

FuryG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Very occasionally I have found a sensor almost "gets tired" in it's final day. Not always, but sometimes. It may correct itself, so it's up to you whether you change it or stick with it until it expires.

One thing I did wonder is, you say you have the sensor on your hand? Are you not using your arm, as per the Abbott directions?
My fault , i mean back-arm :dead:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The sensor will work for 14 days from the day you activated it. It doesn't matter at all that you had it on your arm for a few days before you activated it. If I am understanding you right, you still have a few days left for it to work. When it is about to expire it will tell you on the reader screen how long there is left.