Should I see a Dr

N

nicolabarnett

Good morning all,
Please excuse this long email and I am sorry if there is too much information in it !!

Ok 18 months ago I started having very heavy, flooding periods so I went to the Dr and he advised that I have the coil, which I did and all was great for 12 months, I have again started having very very heavy flooding periods that last 10 days then I have a week off and have another period - along with this I have a very hard bloated stomach which is tender and I feel sick ( the bloatedness has been going on for months but the sickness only for 2 weeks), yesterday I decided to cut out wheat and dairy to see if that helped but this only helped for a day as today I am still bloated and hard and again feel really sick so much that I really cannot face any food and am only drinkking water.
Does anyone think that these are linked and should I make an appointment to see my Dr ??

Thank you

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would see your gp as soon as possible because it's such a sudden change. Good luck!

Mep

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
yeh definitely go and see your GP... you should be fully investigated. Also do you know what the cause was to start with? I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome the same day I was diagnosed with diabetes. This condition causes heavy bleeding also. But there are other conditions that can do the same. I hope your doc fully investigates for you. I wish you the best. :)

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Good idea to see your GP but I noticed your age on your profile, I'm wondering if some of the issues (the flooding and bloating) is perimenopause? It can cause all manner of odd symptoms so maybe while at docs, you can ask for the FSH test?

N

nicolabarnett

Thank you for your answers, isn't it great being female sometimes !!
I saw the Dr yesterday who is going to refer me to the Gyne so hopefully i wont have to wait too long xx

Reactions: 2 people

Carolyn_Lesley

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope you did well at the Gino. I had the same when I began to menopause, sometimes just standing up would create such a flood despite using triple protection. I couldn't leave the house at times, the bathroom at others! I bought a Mooncup and it was life changing. Amazing product. I could swim, jog, last a few hours, pain was reduced so much, back to a normal life. It also gave me the benefit of being able to quantify flow for the dr. I would highly recommend one and wish I had discovered them years ago and not had to put up with so much during my periods. I will certainly be heading down that route with my daughter. Game changing.

N

nicolabarnett

Well I went to the gyne who offered me an operation but they won't do it until my blood sugar is lower x