Sickness with diabetes

Juju13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all I've been to emergency care centre this morning because my temp was high and I was in pain I have a water Infection and put on antibiotics I couldn't face food this morning had half slice wholemeal toast and a few spoonful of fish this afternoon it's all I could face I managed some toast at tea all I could face and I am just fetching everything back up what do I do about meds?

Sent from my F5121 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Hi all I've been to emergency care centre this morning because my temp was high and I was in pain I have a water Infection and put on antibiotics I couldn't face food this morning had half slice wholemeal toast and a few spoonful of fish this afternoon it's all I could face I managed some toast at tea all I could face and I am just fetching everything back up what do I do about meds?

Sent from my F5121 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Hi. Personally (which may not be what everyone advises), if I couldn't keep it down then I would forget about it until I could. When your are feeling awful and are in pain as well as being sick, I think you have to accept that until the antibiotics kick in and you are able to keep meds down long enough for them to digest properly...there's not much else you can do. The antibiotics along with the infection is bound to push your blood sugar up a bit even on your usual meds...but I really would try to avoid carbs like bread unless there really is no other food you can face. Plenty of fluids. I hope it all improves directly so the issue is less pressing. if things do escalate be sure to call a doctor or NHS 24 for advice. Don;t panic..you just need to ride it out. If you have only been on Metformin for short time, chances are it's not really keeping your blood sugar down yet anyway. That said, maybe someone else will have different advice. Drink, consider the lowest carb soup you can find instead of toast... get well soon.