Silvercrest Nutritional Codes

Hi,
My 12 yr old nephew has very recently been diagnosed with Diabetes 1, hence the reason why I've accessed this forum. I read a note that offered to send an alphbetised copy of codes to use with a Silvercrest scale. Would that person please send me a copy please. Thanks

C

catherinecherub

Hi and welcome.

I am bumping your post up in the hope that you gat a reply.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Patsy - I have found this post that might be the one you are looking for but it is rather old now and you may not get an answer. Try a PM to frenchkittie and she might see it. She has logged in recently. I hope this helps.

Silvercrest "diet" kitchen scales codes

Postby frenchkittie » 02 Feb 2010, 16:21
I recently bought a Silvercrest "diet" kitchen scale. It came with a booklet giving codes to enter when weighing food, and a button to display the carb weight for each item being weighed.

Whilst it is a handy gadget, it took so long to find the code for each food (as they were listed numerically, rather than in alphabetic order) that I almost gave up.

I've just found an online version of the codes, exported it to Excel, and sorted it alphabetically. If anyone else has the same scales, and would like a copy of the spreadsheet (or a printable list, for the technophobes) PM me and I"ll gladly send it to you.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
SeansAuntyPatsy - I will PM frenchkittie for you to see if she can send you the information. If she sends an e-mail through the forum I don't think it will be anonymous so you need to clock up 5 posts so that you are able to receive a PM from her. I'm sure you can think of some interesting posts to make.

Help please I'm new to Internet/diabetes and using this foru

Thank you so much to those who replied to my request to find a copy of alphbetised codes to use with the Silvercrest Scales. In the responses I've received, I'm made aware that I need to 'clock up at least 5 pm's'. I have no idea what this means! I'm absolutely new to using the internet and so too how to use this forum. It's taken me about 20 minutes just to access my replies. Anyway, I've bought my nephew the scales but ridiculously, the accompanying booklet lists the foods in code order and not food order! CRAZY. So if you can help, please do. My sister and her son have enough to contend with without the added burden of scaning pages of lists every time my newphew eats. Thanks.

C

catherinecherub

Hi,

I have p.m'd (privately messaged) Frenchkittie asking her to reply to this thread. CC.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I also PM'd Frenchkittie 6 days ago but she hasn't read my message yet.
When you have written 5 posts you will be able to use the Private Messaging system. I'm sure you can find three more interesting things to say somewhere.
Sorry I confused you - in my reply I mistakenly said PM's instead of posts! Corrected it. Not surprising you didn't understand me.