Simple diet can reverse diabetes

barriebanana

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Has anyone else seen this?
All you have to do is restrict yourself to 600 cals per day for 2 months and your diabetes will be reversed
Yeah right
467e48f3610222e9a59e1396765c942d.jpg

Reactions: ziggy_w

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Right at the top of the page there, I saw "Daily Express" and sort of decided that was pretty much nonsense.

I'll wait to get the 600 calorie diet results from the Newcastle study, not the Express.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Hmmm The Express is always coming out with some cure or another

Peerless67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have had good results on it so far, I can not claim to be cured or reversed but my BG has never been better and I have a whole slew of other health improvements as a side effect. Two more weeks of the eight weeks to go, but so far I am happy with the results and certainly not prepared to write it off until I have tried it.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/peerless67-newcastle-diet.124417/

Reactions: OrsonKartt

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No-one is writing off the Newcastle Diet - many of us are eagerly awaiting the results being published of a major study involving thousands of patients across the NE.

In my reply, I was noting the difference between scientific method and tabloid journalism - the Express being the people who perpetuated the MMR-Autism link long after it had been debunked (and then went on to make mercury claims), as one of many examples.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No-one is writing off the Newcastle Diet - many of us are eagerly awaiting the results being published of a major study involving thousands of patients across the NE.

In my reply, I was noting the difference between scientific method and tabloid journalism - the Express being the people who perpetuated the MMR-Autism link long after it had been debunked (and then went on to make mercury claims), as one of many examples.
Not wishing to pour cold water on your hopes @SockFiddler but the current trial has I think just over 300 participants rather than the thousands you think..the initial sample size was destined to be 280 but I think they allowed some more in.

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

To be fair to a paper I do not read - it was based on a press statement from Newcastle University.

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not wishing to pour cold water on your hopes @SockFiddler but the current trial has I think just over 300 participants rather than the thousands you think..the initial sample size was destined to be 280 but I think they allowed some more in.
Yes - about 300 but still a significant sample size, depending on whether the results say 1% or 100% of course.

Peerless67

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Sorry I should have quoted the OP, they finished their post with "yeah right" which seemed dismissive to me. I do not read any newspapers at all except what they publish to social media. In any event no offense was meant.