Six months in hba1c is 36

ChrisTeapot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone, I just wanted to share my good news and maybe inspire some new people. Just before Christmas I was diagnosed as having type 2 when my fasting blood sugar was 17 after going in feeling tired and thirsty etc.

Well after around 6 months of really low carb, and as a side effect losing about 40lbs I've just had my hba1ç results and it was 36. I almost fell off my chair! All those months of eating the insides of sandwiches and burgers suddenly made it all worth while lol.

I have another 2 stones to go but this seems doable so stick with it people the LCHF is definitely the way forward :)

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone, I just wanted to share my good news and maybe inspire some new people. Just before Christmas I was diagnosed as having type 2 when my fasting blood sugar was 17 after going in feeling tired and thirsty etc.

Well after around 6 months of really low carb, and as a side effect losing about 40lbs I've just had my hba1ç results and it was 36. I almost fell off my chair! All those months of eating the insides of sandwiches and burgers suddenly made it all worth while lol.

I have another 2 stones to go but this seems doable so stick with it people the LCHF is definitely the way forward :)
Brilliant. Congratulations. Really well done.

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Amazing result. Just goes to show how effective LCHF can be. :)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Massively well done.