Skin

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
I seem to be suffering from very dry skin since I have been on this diet. My hands are cracking slightly and the palms of my hands are very dry and a little scaley. My lips were really dry and sore last week. I bought some lip balm which has helped, but I have never suffered with this problem before. Has anybody else had this on low carb diet?. I do not eat the fat off meat. Wondering if I am lacking some nutrients. I used to eat fruit yogurt and plenty of fruit, now only berries

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have this problem too, I wonder if we need more fats and oils in our diet?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Try adding more fats which you do like - perhaps some Greek yogurt with the berries, or cream.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You need more fats to go round - when you are using them for energy that gets first call and your skin can become deprived.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Try adding more fats which you do like - perhaps some Greek yogurt with the berries, or cream.
I do eat cream, but now wondering if I should up the oily fish, Mackeral, and Salmon. I do eat full-fat cheese and have butter,but I do not eat a lot of butter, maybe I should start putting some on my veg

Reactions: Ultramum

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I have this problem too, I wonder if we need more fats and oils in our diet?
Wondering. My hands are becoming a little sore now. So will up my fats and oils

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Many years ago I lost weight with a well known weight loss group who give foods points and people try to stay within the points allowed each day. On that diet my hands started becoming dry and itchy until I realised that I was avoiding the oily fish that I normally ate because it had been allocated a high level of points. Started eating the oily fish and my hands returned to a near normal level.
Don't forget that healthy fats can also be found in olives and some nuts too, more festive foods at this time of year.

Reactions: Ultramum