Sleep apnoeia

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have used a CPAP machine for about 8 years now after being diagnosed with 90+ events an hour. I use a nose mask which I get on fine with and it's made a huge difference to my energy levels. I'm still on the original unit so was interested in the mention of a lighter unit as I do a lot of travelling - anything lighter/smaller would be great. I was also given an adapter to use the machine with a 12 volt battery for when I'm camping - I'd love to know if anyone has found a really lightweight battery pack that will last a couple of days (and doesn't cost the earth!).
I try to spend a week away camping each year, but have to have a vehicle close by and take several caravan batteries in order to have the CPAP machine working for the full time. Nothing lightweight has the capacity to power the converter for the necessary time.

Skippy1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
@Resurgam - my machine lasts 3 nights on a charge and I check that I can recharge the battery at the campsite if I'm staying longer. I do a lot of camping/boating and would love to have a bit more flexibility/ less kit to pack! In the meantime, I'll keep scouring the ads for the elusive high power/long lasting/low volume/low weight power pack!

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Resurgam - my machine lasts 3 nights on a charge and I check that I can recharge the battery at the campsite if I'm staying longer. I do a lot of camping/boating and would love to have a bit more flexibility/ less kit to pack! In the meantime, I'll keep scouring the ads for the elusive high power/long lasting/low volume/low weight power pack!
Have you investigated solar power possibilities?

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting - I'll have a go at that.
Thanks
I know there are solar chargers people attach to their rucsacs while walking during the day so as to have power at night, but I've no idea if they would be powerful enough for you. And of course walking in summer abroad might work better than here!

Reactions: Skippy1